Contribute
Register

1 Win 10 HD but clover lists 2 as bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - this is helping. :)

When I press the space bar on the "Boot Windows from EFI" icon, it does not provide any information other than the option to boot windows or return. When I press the space bar on the "Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI" icon, I do see the GUID. If I hide that GUID in my config.plist file, BOTH drives are hidden.

Can I assume that the UUID of the drive is what goes in Volume for the custom entry? How do I identify what goes in the Path field?
the guid for windows is the one to put in the volume section (see above image) dont hide that in clover or it will be hidden :)

also in clover you can click the boot log an the left hand side to copy and paste the guid to the volume section

once you have the 2 custom entries and then remove the ones from my previous post, you will end up with just the windows and macos

also check this out:

the guid for windows is the one to put in the volume section (see above image) dont hide that in clover or it will be hidden :)

also in clover you can click the boot log an the left hand side to copy and paste the guid to the volume section

once you have the 2 custom entries and then remove the ones from my previous post, you will end up with just the windows and macos

In your picture, the value you have in the Volume field is not a GUID, but I think it is a UUID (which is contained in the GUID). Do I need to have the entire GUID (which would look something like this: "HD(1,GPT,6D7SG9AF-136A-44B9-9946-13B4511Q4AED,0x900,0xE5000)") or just the UUID (which, based on the GUID example, would be "6D7SG9AF-136A-44B9-9946-13B4511Q4AED"?

Do I need the Path as well, and if so, how do I determine it?

Thanks for the help!

In your picture, the value you have in the Volume field is not a GUID, but I think it is a UUID (which is contained in the GUID). Do I need to have the entire GUID (which would look something like this: "HD(1,GPT,6D7SG9AF-136A-44B9-9946-13B4511Q4AED,0x900,0xE5000)") or just the UUID (which, based on the GUID example, would be "6D7SG9AF-136A-44B9-9946-13B4511Q4AED"?

Do I need the Path as well, and if so, how do I determine it?

Thanks for the help!
sorry UUID :)

Awesome - Thanks! I am rebooting now with my updated config.plist file. I will reply back with results.

RESULTS:

AWESOME! Thank you so much!!!!

Unfortunately the Title for the Windows disk did not change to what I entered. I can live with it though. Thanks!

I added a custom entry for my OS X Recovery drive, my OS X boot drive, and the Windows 10 drive. Just those 3 are showing in the clover boot menu.... but I think I want to remove the OS X Recovery drive. When I remove the custom entry, it still shows up on the boot screen... Do you know what I need to do to have it not show now? (sorry for the confusion....)

I added a custom entry for my OS X Recovery drive, my OS X boot drive, and the Windows 10 drive. Just those 3 are showing in the clover boot menu.... but I think I want to remove the OS X Recovery drive. When I remove the custom entry, it still shows up on the boot screen... Do you know what I need to do to have it not show now? (sorry for the confusion....)
Snip20160827_1.png

Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, I removed the custom entry for the recovery partition, and my GUI section only shows the 2 custom entries. The problem is that even though I removed the custom entry for the recovery partition, it is still showing up in the clover boot menu.

Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, I removed the custom entry for the recovery partition, and my GUI section only shows the 2 custom entries. The problem is that even though I removed the custom entry for the recovery partition, it is still showing up in the clover boot menu.
if your clover looks like my screenshot then i am not sure what else you can do, sorry about that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back