Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just built my 2nd clover hack (thank you to everyone that made this possible) and I have removed (hidden) all of the unwanted drives from the clover boot menu that I can and am left with 4 drives, 2 for Win 10, 2 for Mac. The 2 for Mac I understand (the actual OS boot drive and the recovery partition. However the windows drives are leaving me a bit stumped. They are listed as: #1 "boot microsoft efi boot from efi" and #2 "boot windows from efi".

I can hide 1 UUID for the physical drive in the config.plist file and both drives will disappear, however I do not want that of course. I only would like to display #1 as that one actually boots windows. #2 does not do anything. I understand that this may not be possible, but if anyone can explain why there are 2 drives listed for windows and what they are (could there be 2 EFI partitions for Windows?), I would appreciate it. Also, is there a way to rename them?

Thanks!

Hi,

I just built my 2nd clover hack (thank you to everyone that made this possible) and I have removed (hidden) all of the unwanted drives from the clover boot menu that I can and am left with 4 drives, 2 for Win 10, 2 for Mac. The 2 for Mac I understand (the actual OS boot drive and the recovery partition. However the windows drives are leaving me a bit stumped. They are listed as: #1 "boot microsoft efi boot from efi" and #2 "boot windows from efi".

I can hide 1 UUID for the physical drive in the config.plist file and both drives will disappear, however I do not want that of course. I only would like to display #1 as that one actually boots windows. #2 does not do anything. I understand that this may not be possible, but if anyone can explain why there are 2 drives listed for windows and what they are (could there be 2 EFI partitions for Windows?), I would appreciate it. Also, is there a way to rename them?

Thanks!
Rename can be done with Clover Configurator. Can also hide just the Boot Windows from EFI icon with special entry in Clover Configurator.

Rename can be done with Clover Configurator. Can also hide just the Boot Windows from EFI icon with special entry in Clover Configurator.
Thanks for the quick response... I am not very good with Clover Configurator. I think you are meaning to do something on the GUI section to do the renaming, but I do not know how to do that... I have accessed CC and opened my plist and am on the GUI section. Can you give me a hint as to what I am supposed to do? Thanks! ;-)

Last edited:

So thanks for that. I guess what I am asking for is a little more detail and specific guidance. I have reviewed the Wiki, but I still have questions.

So, if the windows drives appear in clover as #1 "Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI" and #2 "Boot Windows from EFI", it would seem that both of these drives is named "EFI". Is this correct?

My ultimate goal is that I would like to hide the "Boot Windows from EFI" icon and rename the "Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI" icon to something like "Windows 10". If both icons are for the same drive "EFI", how can I remove/hide just one? (I do know how to hide a drive using the GUID) Also, I still do not understand how to rename a drive in Clover Configurator or directly in my config.plist file (once I get the one drive icon hidden). Could someone give me an example? What I have found in the Wiki is below:

<key>Entries</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Title</key>
<string>Display title</string>
<key>FullTitle</key>
<string>Full display title</string>
</dict>
</array>

where
  • Title - Changes the display title. Uses the format "Boot <Title> from <VolumeName>"
If this is the incorrect code to use, please let me know.

Thanks!

under gui in clover, i unchecked entries and legacy and under hide volume i removed those as well.

then under custom entries i created 2 new entries, 1 for windows and 1 for mac, now when i boot up i have Windows 10 and El Capitan as options

under gui in clover, i unchecked entries and legacy and under hide volume i removed those as well.

then under custom entries i created 2 new entries, 1 for windows and 1 for mac, now when i boot up i have Windows 10 and El Capitan as options

I see the choices you mention in Clover Configurator. For the new custom entries, what do I enter for the details for each entry (Volume, Path, Title/Full Title, Arguments, etc....), meaning what should I enter in each of these fields? Thanks!

I see the choices you mention in Clover Configurator. For the new custom entries, what do I enter for the details for each entry (Volume, Path, Title/Full Title, Arguments, etc....), meaning what should I enter in each of these fields? Thanks!
before you remove them, reboot computer, press space bar over each entry, you will see a long line of characters with GUID before it. some will have no info when you press space bar, don't worry about those as they will disappear when you uncheck those items.

this image may help attached

i am not on my mac at the mo so can't upload my settings for you

Attachments

• Bph86kZ.png
    Bph86kZ.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 612
before you remove them, reboot computer, press space bar over each entry, you will see a long line of characters with GUID before it. some will have no info when you press space bar, don't worry about those as they will disappear when you uncheck those items.

this image may help attached

i am not on my mac at the mo so can't upload my settings for you

Thanks - this is helping. :)

When I press the space bar on the "Boot Windows from EFI" icon, it does not provide any information other than the option to boot windows or return. When I press the space bar on the "Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI" icon, I do see the GUID. If I hide that GUID in my config.plist file, BOTH drives are hidden.

Can I assume that the UUID of the drive is what goes in Volume for the custom entry? How do I identify what goes in the Path field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back