Contribute
Register

Zotac H77, i3 3225, HD4000...need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no DSDT necessary for 77 series? And... is that true of laptops with HM77 or QM77, etc? Just trying to understand what is going on with the post-SNB machines... Thanks!

its not chipset related.

eg. one z77 board might need more dsdt edits than a p67 board.
it all depends on the mobo makers' uefi implementation.

the 'z77 dont need dsdt' statements came about when gigabyte moved to uefi.

its not chipset related.

eg. one z77 board might need more dsdt edits than a p67 board.
it all depends on the mobo makers' uefi implementation.

the 'z77 dont need dsdt' statements came about when gigabyte moved to uefi.

Hi samisnake! I see a pingback in your wordpress. Does it means that you can help me with the bios of the h77?

Hi samisnake! I see a pingback in your wordpress. Does it means that you can help me with the bios of the h77?

pingback just means the blog has been linked to on another site.

which board do you have? the zotac site lists downloads for the h77 itx A and B series.

pingback just means the blog has been linked to on another site.

which board do you have? the zotac site lists downloads for the h77 itx A and B series.

I have the A version......ZOTAC H77-ITX WiFi A Series.
Thanks samisnake for your help.

UEFI BIOS is close enough to Apple Mac to work without DSDT.

Interesting. So it is using a DSDT -- the stock one in the BIOS. I'm surprised there doesn't at least need HDEF patches to inject layout ID for patched AppleHDA. Or does the BIOS include the _DSM methods specific to Apple hardware by default?

Interesting. So it is using a DSDT -- the stock one in the BIOS. I'm surprised there doesn't at least need HDEF patches to inject layout ID for patched AppleHDA. Or does the BIOS include the _DSM methods specific to Apple hardware by default?

Why do you think toleda went to the effort to create the patched AppleHDA files and HDAEnablerto inject the layout? HDEF patches are definitely needed.
Or you can extract a DSDT, edit it for the layout and use the patched AppleHDA without the enabler. AFAIK, none of the current boards can use the vanilla AppleHDA and get audio.

Why do you think toleda went to the effort to create the patched AppleHDA files and HDAEnablerto inject the layout? HDEF patches are definitely needed.
Or you can extract a DSDT, edit it for the layout and use the patched AppleHDA without the enabler. AFAIK, none of the current boards can use the vanilla AppleHDA and get audio.

That's what I thought would be the case. I was just trying to clarify your statement that DSDT was not needed. Even toleda himself states that HDAenabler is not a good route to take. DSDT edits for HDEF are better and more stable.

Thanks for the info!

So what I have to do now?
Samisnake are you working on the patched bios or I must proceed with the patched kext?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back