Contribute
Register

Zotac H77, i3 3225, HD4000...need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,
I've just bought a zotac h77 (atheros combo wifi+bluetooth) and i3 3225 (hd4000).
I've spent several hours reading the miramar and minihack reference threads, but I've not jet figured out which is the correct sequence to install mountain lion on this motherboard.

I know that the chipset is different, but can I use the same instructions to achieve a fully working rig?

The user Noodle says that he has a zotac h77 where all the things works, but I can't send PM to him, so if you (Noodle) are reading this thread I'll would like if you could give me a little help!

So basically I need the samisnake patched bios, or the patched kext, and what else?
I'm not an expert with the DSDT. I can extract it, but someone can help me with the edits for the hdmi audio and so on?

I'll really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Happy holidays

Reading time is over, start installing OSX and if you get struck ask for help here.

If any of those thread has provided BIOS settings then set the BIOS accordingly. Else restore the BIOS to factory settings and set them as below.

SATA = AHCI
Graphics = Onboard.
Graphics Memory = 64Mb

You should have no problem booting and installing OSX using Unibeast USB drive. With or without patching the BIOS.

Patching BIOS is recommended and its a one time thing. By patching the BIOS motherboard will be able to support native power management.

More info > Here

The power management issue can also be bypassed by using Patched AppleIntelCPUPM.kext or NullcpuPM.kext (No sleep) both these kext are available in latest Multibeast for ML.

To get HDMI Audio working you need to edit the DSDT with correct edits.

ML HDMI Audio > http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

Let me know if you need help in editing the DSDT. Using DSDT Editor extract a DSDT save it as .dsl compress it and attach.

-
Edit > Download the patched BIOS from Zotac Kit. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/60920-success-i5-2500k-zotac-z77-itx-mountain-lion.html

Refer the Zotac website for instructions on how to flash the BIOS.

Hello all,
I've just bought a zotac h77 (atheros combo wifi+bluetooth) and i3 3225 (hd4000).
I've spent several hours reading the miramar and minihack reference threads, but I've not jet figured out which is the correct sequence to install mountain lion on this motherboard.

I know that the chipset is different, but can I use the same instructions to achieve a fully working rig?

The user Noodle says that he has a zotac h77 where all the things works, but I can't send PM to him, so if you (Noodle) are reading this thread I'll would like if you could give me a little help!

So basically I need the samisnake patched bios, or the patched kext, and what else?
I'm not an expert with the DSDT. I can extract it, but someone can help me with the edits for the hdmi audio and so on?

I'll really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Happy holidays

You do not need a DSDT for the 77 series chipset. Have you created your UniBeast ML USB installer yet? If not, use this procedure to create the USB and install ML on your system: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Reading time is over, start installing OSX and if you get struck ask for help here.

If any of those thread has provided BIOS settings then set the BIOS accordingly. Else restore the BIOS to factory settings and set them as below.

SATA = AHCI
Graphics = Onboard.
Graphics Memory = 64Mb

You should have no problem booting and installing OSX using Unibeast USB drive. With or without patching the BIOS.

Patching BIOS is recommended and its a one time thing. By patching the BIOS motherboard will be able to support native power management.

More info > Here

The power management issue can also be bypassed by using Patched AppleIntelCPUPM.kext or NullcpuPM.kext (No sleep) both these kext are available in latest Multibeast for ML.

To get HDMI Audio working you need to edit the DSDT with correct edits.

ML HDMI Audio > http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

Let me know if you need help in editing the DSDT. Using DSDT Editor extract a DSDT save it as .dsl compress it and attach.

-
Edit > Download the patched BIOS from Zotac Kit. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/60920-success-i5-2500k-zotac-z77-itx-mountain-lion.html

Refer the Zotac website for instructions on how to flash the BIOS.

The patched BIOS works with the H77 chipset or only the Z77? Sorry for my noobish question :(

Opps sorry, i am not sure you can flash the H77 BIOS with Z77 BIOS rom file.

Go to Zotac website and download the BIOS rom file and get it patched by samisnake.

Opps sorry, i am not sure you can flash the H77 BIOS with Z77 BIOS rom file.

Go to Zotac website and download the BIOS rom file and get it patched by samisnake.

Ok. I've checked on Zotac's website. There are many bios..maybe it's always the same but for the different platforms. I've downloaded the windows 7 64 bit version..
How can i contact samisnake?

I had a previous account but for a mistake I've unlinked the original mail address so now i can't login :(
And with this account i can't send PMs. (number of posts)

Samisnake!! Help me! :D
Thanks

Attachments

• pa209.zip
    5 MB · Views: 144
Why no DSDT necessary for 77 series? And... is that true of laptops with HM77 or QM77, etc? Just trying to understand what is going on with the post-SNB machines... Thanks!

UEFI BIOS is close enough to Apple Mac to work without DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back