Contribute
Register

ZenBR's Build: Asus P8Z77-M Pro + i5 3570K + Intel HD4000 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know it's working.

Is your XFX 6870 fully working? My Sapphire 5750 is not working. Tried every frambuffer and none of them activated the hardware acceleration!

Yes My XFX HD 6870 was working OOB. I just upgraded to a Evga GTX 670 that to is working OOB also.

Hello everyone! I've built exactly the same system. After updating to 10.8.1 with .dmg file I reinstalled "3rd party eSATA driver" with MultiBeast and that's it. Flawless update. In BIOS settings set Intel xHCI to Enabled, "Hand-shaking" (an item below "Intel xHCI") to Enabled as well, USB 3.0 finally works with mass storage (tested with WD My Passport USB 3.0 and Transcend USB 3.0 Flash Drive)! No USB 2.0 mass storage support in USB 3.0 ports, but Sound Card works. ASM1042 x2 USB 3.0 ports on the back near eSATA ports still don't work, awaiting for new MultiBeast (now there's an issue with Z77). Thanks ZenBR for an awesome tutorial!

Thanks for the great guide, got everything working just fine on my P8Z77-M (non-Pro).

I recommend modding your BIOS so you don't have to working about keeping your AICPM patched after updates, it's really easy.

http://bios4asus.blogspot.com

Hello, I don't have a mac to create an installer, as I can install hackintosh from scratch, or create a hackintosh under windows?

asus-pro p8z77m
core i5 3450
MSI GTS250
8gb kingston hyper

No, you need to create the UniBeast USB thumb drive on a hackintosh or Mac so you can access the Mac App Store (MAS) to purchase and download Mountain Lion. You can use a friend's Mac or hackintosh or
  • local school's Mac;
  • library's Mac;
  • college or university Mac.
To get Mountain Lion any other way is considered illegal which we do not tolerate.

I followed the guide to the T and did it twice with the BIOS edited and updated and I still get the apple logo screen then 5 secs I get a black screen with the 1/3rd top of it a bunch of lines...I've done this twice now and still getting the same results...any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!
:banghead:

sdnd I had the same display fault as you when using Intel HD4000 via HDMI connection. If you pull out the HDMI lead and replace it, the display is then fine at 1920x1080, but the fault happens each reboot or wake from sleep. Check chameleon.boot.plist to ensure the extra codes you inserted have taken. I found that using MB5.0.2 with latest Unibeast that I only needed the key specifying the Graphics Mode of 1920x1080x32.
I did not need to apply Chimera 1.11.1 after inserting codes. Good luck!

when i had that issue it was from dvi-dvi...but now i found a hdmi to dvi and was planning to try that to see if it changes anything.
i guess we'll find out.

:banghead:

sdnd Using MB5.0.2, the only settings I used are in the screenshot below:
/Volumes/Data/erichughes/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-09-10 at 2.40.34 PM.png
I did not delete or insert the kexts that Zenbr used when he used MB4.6.1, except for the Graphics Mode code added to chameleon.boot.plist.
In Bios, Primary Display is set to Auto or iGPU and iGPU Memory is 32MB. Otherwise, I would suggest default settings with no over clocking until the system is working 100%.
Sleep/wake/video/usb3 should all be flawless, though I am not sure of usb3. I have done a full Time Machine backup to an external Seagate 1TB USB drive 280GB which took 50 minutes (connected to either front or back usb3 ports) which seems very fast if only running at usb2 rate.
My only outstanding issue now is Airplay Mirroring, which is not urgent to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back