Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Using recommended parts lists, I purchased a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK board with an Intel 4790k i7. Using integrated graphics only, I booted from my Unibeast drive and began the installer (white screen w/ Apple logo). Shortly after the progress bar begins filling, the computer reboots.

If I put in my Sapphire HD7870 GPU, I can run the installer. Strange.

So why not keep the card in, you ask? After installing a bootloader (Clover), the machine goes into a kernel panic on boot. I can still boot using my Unibeast drive, however.

Can anyone help? I'd love to get it working with or without the GPU, but I cannot seem to get it off the ground for long. Any help is very much appreciated.

I've run into several users with the same questions, and no answers. If you haven't already gotten an answer.. or just given up (hopefully thats not the case!!!), try to update your BIOS.

Once I did that, it fixed all the issues with the unibeast install. After days of frustration with using multibeast for post install I feared using it would make things worse again. So I skipped Multi.
I have to keep the Uni flash drive plugged in to get it to boot, but Ive got a ton of USB drives.

If you want to try to get Multi to work for post install, let me know if you run into any issues!

Goodluckbro! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back