Zotac GTX 580 Amp
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I need a little help to build my second hackintosh :D

Now i'm running on an H81 motherboard with an Intel i5 4440 without a dedicated graphic card, so it's time to upgrade :)

I will build a little micro atx system with watercooling. So I need z97 to overclock, is the Gigabyte Z97M D3H ok to do this? I avoided motherboards like the Gaming 5 or other better motherboards because off the killer ethernet card, that i see is not very good supported, so i preferred a motherboard with common network and audio card. But I'm still afraid that something couldn't work because this new chipset. I know that z87 works fine but I prefer a most updated chipset at the same price.

And what about the GTX 580? Is this graphic card natively supported by Mavericks? Or i need a different series to boot and install osx?

I need this build to do some videonediting and work stuff, I really like os x and i have a Macbook Pro, so i really want to use Yosemete in the future in both my computers.

I used the search function of the forum but i found only old threads not very useful. Thanks again for your support.

This will be the full build:

Gigabyte Z97M D3H (to be purchased if ok)
Intel i7 4770K
Kingston 16 GB RAM 2400MHz
GTX 580 Zotac Amp Edition
SSD Plextor M6 Pro 250GB
Lepa MaxBron 800W
Corsair 240 White
Watercooling system

sorry for my bad english :(

Looks like a good build to me. I have a build with the 4770K and it works very well. I know for sure the GA-Z97M-D3H is supported because it is used in one of the suggested builds. I know that the 580 is supported but I would suggest trying to get a newer card if you can. Maybe the gtx 760? It's up to you though!

i am budget restricted :( the 580 is already at home as everything but the motherboard that i have to buy. The only alternative could be the 750 Ti, but i think that is not much better than the 580.

No problem. I've looked at your case at it looks like you could fit a h100i or h80i in there for water-cooling! or something along those lines if you don't have a water cooler yet.

I have a custom water cooling system that i had from a build of 3 years ago :D I will post the photo of the build if i will able to set up Mavericks or Yosemete :)

awesome! I look forward to it! best of luck! seems like you have a very compatible build :thumbup:

Thanks! I hope that yosemete will work without problems on this build, and that the GTX 580 will be supported at least to install OS X.

Hey,

Be careful i read somewhere that this motherboard shows incompatibilities with Yosemite.

I planed to buy the same motherboard but now i hesitate.

Does it works fine with your components ?

Thanks
Max

PS : Sorry for my english --> i'm french...

Hello someone can help me

I can not install my mac os 10.7 because I need it to install Final Cut 7

I've done everything and does not work

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

Core i5-4690K

EVGA GT 630

Can anyone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back