Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Z87X-UD7-TH with 10.9.2 - Best Practices for Installation

Hi there,

I have just purchased all of the necessary components for my Hackintosh as follows:

· CPU: Core i7 4770k
· Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
· RAM: Corsair Vengance 32GB
· Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
· Power Supply: Corsair TX650M Enthusiast Series 650W PSU - £92
· SSD: 2 x Crucial 2.5in 480GB SSD's (1 for Mavericks, 1 for Win 8.1)
· Storage Hard Drive: 2 x Seagate 2TB Hard Drive's
· Wi-Fi Card: TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-E Card - £25
· Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 770
· Firewire Card: Dynamode 3-Port PCI Express Firewire Card

Is there anything in particular you guys recommend doing in the BIOS/Multibeast to get Thunderbolt 2.0 up and running?

I have checked the various forum posts on this particular motherboard and have found that most people needed to install Windows 8(.1) first and install the TB drivers before installing Mavericks (latest 10.9.2). It has also been mentioned that "wake from lan" should be disabled, "disable vt" should be enabled and Boot mode should be set to Legacy. Am I missing anything?

Could anyone recommend the best settings for BIOS/Multibeast to get my TB mobo up and running as smoothly as possible? I am planning to start the build this coming weekend, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:thumbup:

My build is for a Recording Studio setup where I will be using TB enabled audio devices/peripherals.

Many thanks,

Labrat01

Did you get your build working? I have just about the same build. If you have any questions let me know. I just installed my Thunderbolt card in my Apollo. Looking to get it working very soon.

Did you get your build working? I have just about the same build. If you have any questions let me know. I just installed my Thunderbolt card in my Apollo. Looking to get it working very soon.

Yeah I did, it was actually for a mate but we got it all up and running in the end. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back