Contribute
Register

Z77x- ud3h usb3 yosemite problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Z77-UD3H, rev 1.0 -- Native Apple USBXHCI worked on the USB3 ports, but *only* with USB3 devices -- any USB2 or older device was not recognized. I made sure all the settings in BIOS were right, especially XHCI mode set to AUTO, SHCI and XHCI handoffs ENABLED, XHCI Pre-Boot DISABLED.

Tried the GenericUSB3 kext in MultiBeast 7.00 and 7.01 -- no joy.

Installed RehabMan's fork of the Zenith GenericUSB3 kext, and now all is well -- see [/COLOR]https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

I have Z77-UD3H, rev 1.0 -- Native Apple USBXHCI worked on the USB3 ports, but *only* with USB3 devices -- any USB2 or older device was not recognized. I made sure all the settings in BIOS were right, especially XHCI mode set to AUTO, SHCI and XHCI handoffs ENABLED, XHCI Pre-Boot DISABLED.

Tried the GenericUSB3 kext in MultiBeast 7.00 and 7.01 -- no joy.

Installed RehabMan's fork of the Zenith GenericUSB3 kext, and now all is well -- see [/COLOR]https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

Hi pal..The rehabmankexts work for the usb 3.0 but it knocks out my network port...Does this happen to u? If i go into extensions ad remove rehabman kext the networking starts to function normally but if i re-install it my networking port stops again..And what settings in unibeast did u use to boot up without the usb?

The problem solved we have now the Multibeast 7.0.1 and its complete!! with new drivers for USB and for Ethernet... try it !!!

Thanks sadonias for that tip off...My problem was when i installed the rehabman generic kexts posted by pilgrim and others My usb 3.0 ports would work great but it knocks off the networking port it just would not work..so After trying a million different techniques to get the usb ports and networking port working together I finally decided to re-install unibeast to usb then to reach the installer I typed nv_disable=1 -v for my Geforce 630 video card..The installer graphics was kinda jerky But multibeast fixed that...Then I installed as usual..Then on first boot I simply used Multibeast 7.01 and i checked all what i thought I needed in the Multibeast settings below..I didn't add in or installed any external kexts..it was all Multibeast ..And now I have everything working Flawlessly..Only thing i just noticed is after like 15 mins or so the system remained on but seems like it went to sleep and I couldn't get it back out of it..So i would need to check that over when I get time though..But other than that everything is working nice and Fast..My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-z77x-UD3H with core i5 2500k with ssd and Geforce 630 Graphics Card...I couldn't get it too boot with my ATI 7870 card though..Haven't figured that out yet..Was getting a boot 0 GPT error..But My Nvidia Geforce 630 works great...

Got 2 big problems!
1) My internet keeps disconnecting after using it for a while, or after waking up from sleep.
2) If my internet still working after waking up, then the USB is not! Loose control of bluetooth dongle (no mouse or keyboard) but even if I connect a usb mouse/keyboard... doesn't recognize it. When I open System Preference (remote desktop) and go to Bluetooth settings, it freezes!

I don't get it! These problems started after upgrading to Yosemite.
I have the latest Multibeast 7.1. Anybody got the same problem???

If nobody has any advice, I might pull the trigger and fresh install Yosemite.

Got 2 big problems!
1) My internet keeps disconnecting after using it for a while, or after waking up from sleep.
2) If my internet still working after waking up, then the USB is not! Loose control of bluetooth dongle (no mouse or keyboard) but even if I connect a usb mouse/keyboard... doesn't recognize it. When I open System Preference (remote desktop) and go to Bluetooth settings, it freezes!

I don't get it! These problems started after upgrading to Yosemite.
I have the latest Multibeast 7.1. Anybody got the same problem???

If nobody has any advice, I might pull the trigger and fresh install Yosemite.

UPDATE: I went ahead and deleted the USB kext (GenericUSBsomething) and the Network plists.
After that I reinstalled Multibeast 7.1, but one thing I did different is in the Network options.
Instead of installing "ALXEthernet v1.0.2", I chosed "AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0"

So far so GOOD. Running for 10hrs and no crashes with the Network or the USB. I went out in the afternoon and put the machine to sleep. When I came back an hour later, it woke up fine. The only minor problem was that the USB Bluetooth Dongle didn't wake up. But a simple unplug/replug fixed it. Network was and is still running!

I can live with the unplug/replug, it was the network crashing that forced me to reboot that I couldn't stand!
But glad to see it working now... sort of.

I also have a I have Z77-UD3H, rev 1.0

I Installed RehabMan's fork of the Zenith GenericUSB3 kext

Strange:
Booting without anything connect to my USB 3 ports will load the kext but does not regonize the usb device (usb 3 stick)
Booting with any device connect to USB 3 ports does load the kext and regonized the USB 3 stick

I dont want to reboot everytime to use my USB 3 divices.

Has anybody same problem?

Any Idea?

Since the 10.10.2 update, with GenericUSBXHCI installed from MB7.2, the system doesn't see that the HP printer on my USB2 port has ended print jobs, leaving the system thinking the printer is still running. In addition, the USB3 ports only work with USB2 devices if a USB3 device is installed first.

I again tried removing the GenericUSBXHCI kext as described on the first page, and the USB2 ports work correctly, and the USB3 ports work with USB3 devices, but ONLY with USB3 devices -- is this how the system is supposed to work? Don't think so.

If anyone has any ideas about getting the USB3 ports to work with USB2 devices, I really need that to happen.

Instead of installing "ALXEthernet v1.0.2", I chosed "AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0"

thank you for this tidbit, I have been battling with a machine for a while, and this got my final piece of the puzzle

I am using rehabman's branch of the generic USB3 kext and this atherosE2200 driver from multibeast.

this is yosemite 10.10

now to coax this baby into 10.10.2 or x.x.3

wheeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back