1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Z77x- ud3h usb3 yosemite problem- SOLVED

I have Yosemite right now with multi beast 5.0... everything is ok except my usb3 ports... the system can't recognize any of them...some time only 1-2 but not for ever and not every boot, what happened? any ideas? on Mavericks i haven't problems at all...now i had an excellent installation with unibeast and when i came in...i haven't mouse...i have nothing from my peripherals... some times only my mouse and the keyboard ... i appriciate any help

Had the same issue with H87M-D3H.
Right after installation everything worked fine, but after running Multibeast my USB3 Ports didn't work.

What solved the Problem for me was removing the USB3 kext, which I selected in Multibeast.
Code:
sudo [FONT=Menlo]rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/[/FONT]

Right after installation everything worked fine, but after running Multibeast my USB3 Ports didn't work.

What solved the Problem for me was removing the USB3 kext, which I selected in Multibeast.
Code:

Yep, worked for me too. Besides that, removing this kext enabled my on-board sound again.

Hi -

Same problem here. Excuse the beginner's question, but how do I remove the kext? Just by navigating to the extensions folder in finder and deleting, or by using the code you've typed, and if so how?

Thanks.

You have to shoot the command wankaxd posted:

Code:

If you don't know how to do that either go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal or press Cmd + Space and write "terminal" (w/o quotes) and press enter.

A new window opens. This is the terminal you have to paste wankaxds command and shoot it with enter.

gl hf

it works! But only of my half USB3 ports... i have maximum 8 USB3 and now only the two back and two front works... the two fronts only for flash, i can't connect even my iPhone....and the two others just for Bluetooth for mouse and keyboard...ok it is evolution but my camera my other peripherals are useless...i have order to input usb2...i hope this action have some more results... thank you anyway

it works! But only of my half USB3 ports... i have maximum 8 USB3 and now only the two back and two front works... the two fronts only for flash, i can't connect even my iPhone....and the two others just for Bluetooth for mouse and keyboard...ok it is evolution but my camera my other peripherals are useless...i have order to input usb2...i hope this action have some more results... thank you anyway

Try this one : Download

Edit - Forgot to mention that credit for this is due to RehabMan

Last edited:
Thank you P1LGRIM, but i am not an expert, can you describe me please the process? i must copied some code and where? i am stuck and i would appreciate a little help more :)

Thank you P1LGRIM, but i am not an expert, can you describe me please the process? i must copied some code and where? i am stuck and i would appreciate a little help more :)

Copy the file GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Edit - Credit is due to Rehabman for this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back