Motherboard
Gigabyte H470M-DS3H
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I hope you can help me out with this one. I'm installing a Hackintosh to a friend of mine, his board is a Z77-DS3H and we're using the internal HD4000 graphics. The OSx works fine, but whenever I try to boot into Windows 7 the computer restarts, and if I choose Windows 7 again it does it again, and so on, in a loop.

For the installation I used the method described with 2 partitions in the same hard drive, first installed the Microsoft OS and then Apple's one. Windows worked fine until I installed the OSX. What could be the issue here? I have Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

Thanks!

Hi, I hope you can help me out with this one. I'm installing a Hackintosh to a friend of mine, his board is a Z77-DS3H and we're using the internal HD4000 graphics. The OSx works fine, but whenever I try to boot into Windows 7 the computer restarts, and if I choose Windows 7 again it does it again, and so on, in a loop.

For the installation I used the method described with 2 partitions in the same hard drive, first installed the Microsoft OS and then Apple's one. Windows worked fine until I installed the OSX. What could be the issue here? I have Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

Thanks!
Boot with the Win7 install DVD and select repair instead of install.

Boot with the Win7 install DVD and select repair instead of install.
Oh I didn't saw this answer, thanks! Although it didn't work, I selected "Repair --> Fix start up problems" several times and the Windows boot is still the same.
Do you have any ideas? Should I've installed first Mac OS and then Windows, instead of doing it the way I did? Will reinstalling Windows solve the issue? I want to do that but I'm afraid that it will mess up with my OSx, which is fine, with no errors.

Hi, long time no see, I've tried that and it didn't work: I reinstalled Windows 7, boot with UniBeast and reinstalled Chimera. Now Mountain Lion works perfectly, but when I select Windows partition in the bootloader the computer restarts. How can i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back