Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

I think you just have to add cpuid data as the processor won't be automatically recognized. And use a "pro" SMBIOS. But do you already have it? Otherwise a better update, with little little more money would be a z690 ddr4 motherboard with an 13600K/KF. More powerful, much cooler.

View attachment 562287
Thanks!

Yeah I'd sure like the 13900k :) Another day!

Try this EFI and let me know. Make sure VT-D is enabled in BIOS. (I deleted a couple of huge size kexts that you were not using, to slim down the EFI file size). Try it as it is, if it doesn't work try to re-enable SSDT-DMAC.aml only (mine was working without SSDT-DMAR.aml)

Yes!
Thanks for your effort. I tried it this way but left DMAC enabled. I get no Ethernet and Lightroom crashes. My understanding for VTD to work you need the following:

Enabling AppleVTD requires the following (every item below is necessary):
  1. Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> check off (affects macOS only)
  2. ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> check on (affects all operating systems)
  3. ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check on (affects all operating systems)
  4. BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled
I re-enabled DMAR, and I still get Lightroom crashing and no NIC is present.

Not a fan of Adobe at the moment and will look to move to something else in a few months. But for now, I need to get this working.

Thanks for your effort. I tried it this way but left DMAC enabled. I get no Ethernet and Lightroom crashes. My understanding for VTD to work you need the following:

Enabling AppleVTD requires the following (every item below is necessary):
  1. Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> check off (affects macOS only)
  2. ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> check on (affects all operating systems)
  3. ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check on (affects all operating systems)
  4. BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled
I re-enabled DMAR, and I still get Lightroom crashing and no NIC is present.

Not a fan of Adobe at the moment and will look to move to something else in a few months. But for now, I need to get this working.
I hate to be stuck in Adobe world. Just as I was getting ok using Figma…they buy it. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom are incredible pieces of software but I wish there were realistic alternatives IMO (well there are some alternatives to Lightroom but I just love the workflow in it). They just eat the competition up whenever it starts to rise :/

I hate to be stuck in Adobe world. Just as I was getting ok using Figma…they buy it. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom are incredible pieces of software but I wish there were realistic alternatives IMO (well there are some alternatives to Lightroom but I just love the workflow in it). They just eat the competition up whenever it starts to rise :/
There are some that are close to Lightroom. I'm targeting Digikam for my DAM and DxO Photolab 6 for raw processing.

I made a couple of other mods. I have the NIC commented out because that is the only way to get a NIC to show up. I uncheck SSDT-DMAR.aml and unselected delete DMAR. It seems my BIOS version F22 has a DMAR table, and Apple VTD is enable when looking at I/O RE. I also didn't need SSDT-DMAC.aml. LRC still fails to open. Maybe an error got hard coded upon going to 13.1. I tried the 13.2 beta to see if that helped, and no success. So I guess I'll reinstall Ventura over the weekend. If that doesn't work, I'll go back to some version of Monterey. So much time wasted on this.

I just got a call from Adobe support. They said this is a know nissue and are looking to resolve it with the next LRC release. We'll see. In the meantime, the reinstall train should be fun.

There are some that are close to Lightroom. I'm targeting Digikam for my DAM and DxO Photolab 6 for raw processing.

I made a couple of other mods. I have the NIC commented out because that is the only way to get a NIC to show up. I uncheck SSDT-DMAR.aml and unselected delete DMAR. It seems my BIOS version F22 has a DMAR table, and Apple VTD is enable when looking at I/O RE. I also didn't need SSDT-DMAC.aml. LRC still fails to open. Maybe an error got hard coded upon going to 13.1. I tried the 13.2 beta to see if that helped, and no success. So I guess I'll reinstall Ventura over the weekend. If that doesn't work, I'll go back to some version of Monterey. So much time wasted on this.
I've been in that nightmare, too! I'm a professional photographer and NEED Lr to work! But with an Z490 motherboard, where only AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and boot arg did the fix!
I was almost at the point to buy a Mac Studio, but that little issue got me back on this forum...and I got hackintosh-exited again. So in a month I had a new hackintosh build...this time without the cursed 225-V.
They said this is a know issue
Is it a known issue on hackintoshes? :) I wouldn't sit waiting for Adobe to fix this...
In my Z490 system everything was fine all the way to 12.6.1. I don't know about Ventura 13.0 but probably that works too as 12.6.2 came out with Ventura 13.1, probably there they changed something!

I'm not that expert about this, but it seems DMAR tables are board and BIOS specific... could be something about that. But I wouldn't know how to create custom DMAR for a specific bard, you should ask someone else, try in this build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/

I've been in that nightmare, too! I'm a professional photographer and NEED Lr to work! But with an Z490 motherboard, where only AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and boot arg did the fix!
I was almost at the point to buy a Mac Studio, but that little issue got me back on this forum...and I got hackintosh-exited again. So in a month I had a new hackintosh build...this time without the cursed 225-V.

Is it a known issue on hackintoshes? :) I wouldn't sit waiting for Adobe to fix this...
In my Z490 system everything was fine all the way to 12.6.1. I don't know about Ventura 13.0 but probably that works too as 12.6.2 came out with Ventura 13.1, probably there they changed something!

I'm not that expert about this, but it seems DMAR tables are board and BIOS specific... could be something about that. But I wouldn't know how to create custom DMAR for a specific bard, you should ask someone else, try in this build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/
Apparently it is a known issue with Ventura and LRC. Adobe said the next release in the coming weeks would fix it. I did not tell them it was a Hack. Although they might be wondering why a Mac Pro 7,1 has an I9 in it after they looked at about this Mac :)

Is it a known issue on hackintoshes?
I'm sorry for your problem. I'm also professional photographer, and I have been using LR with no issues since Ventura beta.

Indeed, ACPI tables can change with BIOS releases so be careful with updates.
A custom DMAR is only useful if the default DMAR has reserved regions: The modification is to delete these.
If in doubt, post your DMAR here—or the whole set of ACPI tables.

Back