Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

@pbryanw Ouch! That iMacPro1,1 frequency vector was used in the early days of Alder Lake hackintoshing but has long been superseded. Please try the one provided by @vandroiy instead, which is now in the "standard EFIs" and @CaseySJ Golden Builds.

I must have missed that one. Do we know where the frequency vectors came from or are they custom of sorts? I’ve been making my own using Mac Pro 7,1.

Either way still no HT (in intel power gadget) without the quirk. So strange, maybe its just a quirk of my board or a bios setting I lucked out on first try?

Last edited:
@etorix - Thanks for the heads-up on this, and for providing a link for me as well :thumbup: Will give this a try, and hope it fixes the "fans constantly spinning up after macos boot" issue I currently have.

For AquantiaEthernet the patch is no longer necessary. I don't know for 107 but for 113 I need to keep the SSDT who spoof identity. But the best is that I don't need anymore cold boot between OS's. Thank you Acidanthera!

It comes from the linked post, and I guess that @vandroiy made it—alongside the new code for ProvideCurrentCpuInfo.

I'm still super confused on why I cant get any HT behavior without that quirk. Let me know if you've got any ideas. It idles around 2.5 with it enabled and 1.5 disabled. Would love that 1.5 plus HT.

Now worksView attachment 538344

I did not notice that there is a newer version of GB5 5.4.4. Now it's like that.

View attachment 538348
Hi ori69,
I have same CPU like you. But my cpu performance is very low I think.
My Geekbench Multi-Core Score is 13,216.
I was expecting my Geekbench Multi-Core Score should like yours.
Do I need to change anything to get the full performance of my cpu i9-12900k?
I am using felbo's Build:EFI from this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...90-gaming-x-ddr4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-580.319197/
If possible please share me your EFI so that I can check with your EFI also.
Thanks a lot.

I'm still super confused on why I cant get any HT behavior without that quirk. Let me know if you've got any ideas. It idles around 2.5 with it enabled and 1.5 disabled. Would love that 1.5 plus HT.

I'm an idiot.

I've been using the phrase Hyper Threading when what im really missing is turbo mode :banghead:

As a test I've disabled all E-Cores in bios and I still dont get turbo. Anyone come across this? I can force it with AppleXcpmFordceBoost but should work with out that.

I've been using the phrase Hyper Threading when what im really missing is turbo mode :banghead:
Thanks! It's much clearer now…

In IORegistryExplorer, is X86PlatformPlugin attached under the first CPU?
Have you tried with @vandroiy 's data provider kext?

Hi ori69,
I have same CPU like you. But my cpu performance is very low I think.
My Geekbench Multi-Core Score is 13,216.
I was expecting my Geekbench Multi-Core Score should like yours.
Do I need to change anything to get the full performance of my cpu i9-12900k?
I am using felbo's Build:EFI from this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...90-gaming-x-ddr4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-580.319197/
If possible please share me your EFI so that I can check with your EFI also.
Thanks a lot.
This is not EFI's fault, only memory timing. You have 4x16GB 2666MHz, and I 2x32GB 3600mhz. I noticed that this motherboard has problems as you put four memory bones. It's better to work on two.

Back