Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.19.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.19.39 AM.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 33
  • USBPower_Z690.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 37
We have the exact same everything minus the GPU. Can I just use your complete EFI folder?

Yes you could but I looked at your USB kext and it's using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1? Are you using MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1? My EFI uses MacPro7,1 but you'll also need to remove at least 7 ports to meet the 15 port requirement in macOS. Refer to USB Map configuration section

Yes you could but I looked at your USB kext and it's using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1? Are you using MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1? My EFI uses MacPro7,1 but you'll also need to remove at least 7 ports to meet the 15 port requirement in macOS. Refer to USB Map configuration section
Ok so i used your EFI and changed my SMBIOS to 7,1. Somehow I lost Bluetooth and sleep (but I think that's due to the commander pro).

Last edited:
In the build I posted using an Asus B660 Creator board and a ThunderboltEX 3 board which I'm trying to get a hot plug. Can anyone give instructions on what exactly needs to be changed in the HackinDROM SSDT for my Thunderbolt board? Only RP21 on RP05 or something more?

Anyone having any random reboot issues? No overclocking - mem or cpu..

Both times it has happened have been triggered by gpu usage in Safari afaict. Things will get slow and sluggish, and after about 60 seconds it just restarts.

Anyone having any random reboot issues? No overclocking - mem or cpu..

Both times it has happened have been triggered by gpu usage in Safari afaict. Things will get slow and sluggish, and after about 60 seconds it just restarts.
Maybe a bad memory? Try adding voltage to your RAM. A lot of ddr5 ram using micron chips and their subsidiaries come out of poor quality. They are not able to support the XMP memory profile. They need to add a little voltage for stable operation. Perhaps this is your case.
P.s. or your GPU dead soon :) or power connectors bad.

Hi all,
I decided to try a fresh install today after having a working system. I finished installing from USB then when it first boots into the new SSD I got prompted to "select your country or region" then I use United States however it would load and would bring me back to this menu in an endless loop. Any have any idea what I can try? Currently using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 .

** UPDATE **
Oh, never mind I figured it out. I believe it was a corrupt installer. I used Disk Utility to check on the disk and only 1.74 GB was used...Will try to use a different USB port and get rid of all kexts to just have the basics for a fresh reinstall before I add on other kexts

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.20.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.20.44 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
@CaseySJ @rushstrike I noticed you were able to resolve the second cycle sleep issue with a different wifi card but Im I've had no success on that front on my build. Any idea where to start? I've tried both common methods so far.

Back