Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Yes, it is connected and enabled in the bios. It doesn't show up in ioregistrexplorer, but I see it in the PCI part of hackintool, it's just disable. Monterey 12.1
I don't even know, for example, whether I need to place ThunderboltReset.kext or TbtForcePower.efi to EFI/OC folder, or would an SSDT-Thunderbolt.aml be enough?
The kexts are not necessary and should be avoided. The SSDT only enables hot plug, but that depends on the card showing up in IORegistryExplorer first. Because it’s not showing up in IOReg, the card itself is not enabled.

Because the PCIe slot you’re using is most likely shared with NVMe or SATA ports, please check the manual. Also see if the card appears in BIOS. There’s a page in BIOS that shows all installed PCI cards.

Another option is to move the card to the middle long slot.

Yes, it is connected and enabled in the bios. It doesn't show up in ioregistrexplorer, but I see it in the PCI part of hackintool, it's just disable. Monterey 12.1
I don't even know, for example, whether I need to place ThunderboltReset.kext or TbtForcePower.efi to EFI/OC folder, or would an SSDT-Thunderbolt.aml be enough?
Did you connect the TBT headers to the motherboard ?

Of course yes, the header is connected. The thing is, it works in Windows 10 without any further ado and is in use in the current slot. According to the manual, aic can only be used in this slot. Is SSDT required to display the card in ioregistryexplorer? I tried your ssdt (SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V1 & V2) and the one on the net for the JHL8540 chipset, but I won't get any further. There may be a problem with the slot name in ssdt...

Attachments

• TB3_hackintool_1.png
    TB3_hackintool_1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • TB3_hackintool_2.png
    TB3_hackintool_2.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 75
Of course yes, the header is connected. The thing is, it works in Windows 10 without any further ado and is in use in the current slot. According to the manual, aic can only be used in this slot. Is SSDT required to display the card in ioregistryexplorer? I tried your ssdt (SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V1 & V2) and the one on the net for the JHL8540 chipset, but I won't get any further. There may be a problem with the slot name in ssdt...
Are you sure your thunderbolt devices aren't working in macOS?

Your screenshot shows that the Maple Ridge root device is connected to RP09. The SSDT is just to activate hot plugging, not to enable thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is enabled by the kernel upon boot up if it detects an NHI device. Your SSDT likely will need to be recompiled to account for RP09 (rather than RP05 or RP21). Post a screenshot your IoRegistryExplorer output, at RP09.

Also, the screenshot purports to show an Intel JHL6240 (Alpine Ridge) device connected. This leads me to believe thunderbolt is indeed working for you in some capacity.

Please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not ‘search’) down to RP09 and post a screenshot of that device tree.

it's here too

Attachments

• screenshot_2022-02-24 - 19.12.18.png
    screenshot_2022-02-24 - 19.12.18.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • Hardware_report.png
    Hardware_report.png
    446.9 KB · Views: 93
it's here too
Thunderbolt is indeed active and present. Please try the attached SSDT that is modified for RP09. It also requires SSDT-DTPG.aml, which I've also attached.

After installing these files (and updating config.plist) please reboot and post another screenshot of RP09.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP09-V2.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 87
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 83
@trs96 @CaseySJ absolutely amazing thunderbolt behavior with the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 Flashed with NVM33. I'll get a proper write up on the machine soon but I wanted to let you know that so far everything is a go-go including multiple sleeps. Thank you so much friends.

One question though, are y'all using the PCIe power slots on your cards? I connected one for good measure.

@trs96 @CaseySJ absolutely amazing thunderbolt behavior with the GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 Flashed with NVM33. I'll get a proper write up on the machine soon but I wanted to let you know that so far everything is a go-go including multiple sleeps. Thank you so much friends.

One question though, are y'all using the PCIe power slots on your cards? I connected one for good measure.
I have GC-Titan Ridge 1.0 flashed NVM50, from some time now, and it behave like a genuine Apple TB device. Yep, good work guys!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 64
Back