Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Hi all,

Been toying the idea of upgrading from a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G + 10900K + GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 to Z690 + 12900K + working TB. If I decided to keep my DDR4, would you suggest me to go for a Gigabyte Gaming X? So that I could use my GC-Titan Ridge (anyone uses it on the GX?). It seems some people are happy with it (@ori69, @felbo, @bestplay)

Thank you
Hi,

For sure, beside weird squeaky noises from mobo (i have it, @ori69 doesn't) on low RPM everything works completely fine :)

Hi,

For sure, beside weird squeaky noises from mobo (i have it, @ori69 doesn't) on low RPM everything works completely fine :)
Thanks for your feedback.
How are your Geekbench scores? Do they relate to what Casey gets in his Gigabyte & Asus builds? Please let me know which RAM did you pair your 12700k with.

no squeaky noises here:)
Thanks!
I did notice that your GB5 scores are a little bit lower than Casey's, I guess due to RAM ("just" 2666MHz, right?)

No noises either
& thanks : )

To everyone:
None of you uses a GC-Titan Ridge 2.0, don't you? I think the only person who uses it on a Gaming X is ori69.

How are your Geekbench scores? Do they relate to what Casey gets in his Gigabyte & Asus builds? Please let me know which RAM did you pair your 12700k with.

Thanks!
I did notice that your GB5 scores are a little bit lower than Casey's, I guess due to RAM ("just" 2666MHz, right?)

& thanks : )

To everyone:
None of you uses a GC-Titan Ridge 2.0, don't you? I think the only person who uses it on a Gaming X is or
YES, these noises I also do have on Windows. However I managed to fix that by disabling C1E CPU State in BIOS. I’m not sure why it still exists in macOS, like it is ignoring this setting. Dunno why.

Also I'm not using any Thunderbolt accessories. I just do not need any :)

My greekbench result:
1649797394380.png

Also RAM that I’m using: Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 Ballistix Black, in BIOS XMP Profile 1 enabled (3600) :)

YES, these noises I also do have on Windows. However I managed to fix that by disabling C1E CPU State in BIOS. I’m not sure why it still exists in macOS, like it is ignoring this setting. Dunno why.

Also I'm not using any Thunderbolt accessories. I just do not need any :)

My greekbench result:
View attachment 545843

Also RAM that I’m using: Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 Ballistix Black, in BIOS XMP Profile 1 enabled (3600) :)

This is why I love this forum. I've been trying to fix turbo for weeks now, pestering this forum. I saw your post which led me to dive back into BIOS. I noticed C1E CPU State was disabled but right beside its was Intel Speed Shift set to Auto. I changed it to Enabled and...Voila! Thanks for posting your success.

yes, 4 sticks 2666Mhz. Slow ram? See Photoshop test also, the result are better than M1 Ultra. I dont understand this
Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 10.00.27.png

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 08.01.00.png

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 08.06.30.png

To everyone:
None of you uses a GC-Titan Ridge 2.0, don't you? I think the only person who uses it on a Gaming X is ori69.
only USB here

To everyone:
I’m using a GC-Titan and 2666 RAM on the MSI.

I have Titan Ridge 2 in this slot.
thundrbolt.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP_RP05.aml
    8 KB · Views: 34
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 39
Back