Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

The GC-Titan Ridge should be tested on a motherboard that has a Thunderbolt header. If you have already used the card on a board without a Thunderbolt header, did you use a jumper to force power?

We can use the attached SSDT, but the PCI root port (RP05, RP09, RP21, etc.) will need to be adjusted for the motherboard and PCIe slot.

This SSDT uses PC00 instead of PCI0, and RP05.
I'll try it on my Z390 Aorus Master. It has the Thunderbolt header and uses RP21. I can adjust the RP number.

I'll try it on my Z390 Aorus Master. It has the Thunderbolt header and uses RP21. I can adjust the RP number.
We should globally find and replace the following:
  • RP05 --> RP21
  • PC00 --> PCI0

** For Experienced Users Only **

Disclaimer:
Flashing the firmware on your GC-Titan Ridge is risky. In most cases it is possible to flash the original firmware back and recover normal operation. In the worst case, normal operation may not be achievable, thereby rendering the card useless. If you choose to install and test any of the modified firmware files in this thread, you and you alone assume all responsibility for any problems, damages, etc. that may occur.

Modification: maple-MOD-2.bin
This is a modified firmware for GC-Maple Ridge that replaces all occurrences of 86803611 with 8680EA15. It also changes 2121 in the preamble to 3131.

Modification: maple-MOD-3.bin
This version is much less dramatic than the previous. It incorporates bit flag modifications for 4 bytes that were critical for Titan Ridge, but may or may not be effective with Maple Ridge. I would suggest testing this file first.
Seems to be showing up fine, gonna do some device testing now.

Update****
Doesn't look like any device is showing up on any port.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.23.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.23.46 PM.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.24.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.24.18 PM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
We should globally find and replace the following:
  • RP05 --> RP21
  • PC00 --> PCI0
I'm getting the same result as @Pavo using Mod-3 version. No Thunderbolt or USB devices mount or are recognized either on boot or when hot plugged after boot. Thunderbolt Bus does not appear. One note, Thunderbolt options do not appear in the BIOS as well, so not sure if that's just because it's too old of a motherboard to recognize it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.19.30 PM.jpg

Seems to be showing up fine, gonna do some device testing now.

Update****
Doesn't look like any device is showing up on any port.

I'm getting the same result as @Pavo using Mod-3 version. No Thunderbolt or USB devices mount or are recognized either on boot or when hot plugged after boot. Thunderbolt Bus does not appear. One note, Thunderbolt options do not appear in the BIOS as well, so not sure if that's just because it's too old of a motherboard to recognize it.
This is the same behavior I noticed in three other variations of the Thunderbolt firmware. Without an Apple Maple Ridge or Thunderbolt 4 firmware to compare against, it will be very difficult to find the right set of changes -- assuming that such changes will work without a true Maple Ridge driver.

I tried to extract the Thunderbolt 4 firmware from my 13" Apple Silicon MacBook Pro, but haven't been successful thus far. Here's what I've tried:
  • osy86's tbpatch utility on GitHub actually lists the AppleHPM devices on Apple Silicon! But any attempt to read from those devices causes a failure right away.
  • There is no native Linux installation for Apple Silicon at this time. Asahi Linux is still not available in a usable form. Although we can install Linux in a VM, we cannot query Thunderbolt NVM through that method. (Yes I tried!)
  • I also tried unpacking the macOS Monterey installer package (12GB package). I did this on an Intel Mac but could not find firmware files for any Apple Silicon Macs. Not sure how Apple updates firmware on those Macs. I will see if the Monterey installer on my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro is any different.

I tried the mod-2 version, but nothing is recognized at all in MacOS. Mod-3 definitely seemed closer.

Hi all!

Recently, I got a GC-Maple Ridge Card in my setup, as a potential upgrade for my gc-Alpine Ridge with:
MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370
OC: 0.7.8
I've already enabled AppleVTD, which works fine.

My card shows up at these addresses in the screenshot below.
I tried using a hackinDROM SSDT for Titan Ridge, and changing the addresses to PCI0 and RP5, but couldn't get my UAD Apollo 16 to work, unfortunately.

Both Power and USB header are connected, but the TB_C header is not, but I have shorted pin 1 and pin 3 on the cable.

Any tips on prepping a working SSDT?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 14.02.54.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 14.02.54.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 124
Sorry if this might be a bit off-topic since it doesn't concern Thunderbolt cards, but I've noticed Hackintool (v 3.8.4) reports my CPU as being "Coffee Lake," not Comet Lake. See attached screenshot. Any ideas why or, more importantly, could someone verify that my CPU as shown in the screenshot is indeed Comet Lake? It makes a big difference for knowing which section of Dortania's OC Guide I should follow. Thanks!

Attachments

• Hackintool 3.8.4.jpg
    Hackintool 3.8.4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 62
could someone verify that my CPU as shown in the screenshot is indeed Comet Lake?
For information about Intel processors it is best to check with Intel :

Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 13.50.51.png

Thanks for that! "formerly Comet Lake" isn't really specific but at least it doesn't mention "Coffee Lake," LOL.

Back