Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Sorry if this might be a bit off-topic since it doesn't concern Thunderbolt cards, but I've noticed Hackintool (v 3.8.4) reports my CPU as being "Coffee Lake," not Comet Lake. See attached screenshot. Any ideas why or, more importantly, could someone verify that my CPU as shown in the screenshot is indeed Comet Lake? It makes a big difference for knowing which section of Dortania's OC Guide I should follow. Thanks!
If you review the OpenCore install guide for both processors, there are actually very few differences between them. Setting up a Coffee Lake 8th or 9th generation processor and a 10th generation Comet Lake is about the same. I'd follow the guide for Comet Lake though.

If you review the OpenCore install guide for both processors, there are actually very few differences between them. Setting up a Coffee Lake 8th or 9th generation processor and a 10th generation Comet Lake is about the same. I'd follow the guide for Comet Lake though.
Thx for the reassurance. That's what I've been doing so far and things have been running great!

Recently, I got a GC-Maple Ridge Card in my setup, as a potential upgrade for my gc-Alpine Ridge with:
MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370
This is thus off-topic for this Z590 thread. There is some work ongoing for Maple Ridge, which you can follow in the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G and Asus Z690 ProArt Creator threads.
The short version, though, is that Maple Ridge is quirky and not fully supported. If you still have the opportunity to return your Maple Ridge, you'd save yourself many headaches by doing so and getting a Titan Ridge instead.

This is thus off-topic for this Z590 thread. There is some work ongoing for Maple Ridge, which you can follow in the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G and Asus Z690 ProArt Creator threads.
The short version, though, is that Maple Ridge is quirky and not fully supported. If you still have the opportunity to return your Maple Ridge, you'd save yourself many headaches by doing so and getting a Titan Ridge instead.
My apologies, I was referred to this topic for my question. Your links are already very helpfull!

Hi all!

Recently, I got a GC-Maple Ridge Card in my setup, as a potential upgrade for my gc-Alpine Ridge with:
MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370
OC: 0.7.8
I've already enabled AppleVTD, which works fine.

My card shows up at these addresses in the screenshot below.
I tried using a hackinDROM SSDT for Titan Ridge, and changing the addresses to PCI0 and RP5, but couldn't get my UAD Apollo 16 to work, unfortunately.

Both Power and USB header are connected, but the TB_C header is not, but I have shorted pin 1 and pin 3 on the cable.

Any tips on prepping a working SSDT?
Hello @sangiorgio,

The UAD Apollo should be able to connect even without a Thunderbolt SSDT if it's attached and powered on before boot. The Thunderbolt SSDT is only responsible for enabling hot plug.

Some suggestions:
  • If your motherboard has a 5-pin Thunderbolt header, connect that instead of bridging pins 1 and 3. In BIOS there should be a Thunderbolt section (if motherboard has Thunderbolt header) where we should set Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once.
  • To check if the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT is working, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to RP05 section and post a screenshot that let's us see the entire RP05 tree.

To check if the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT is working, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to RP05 section and post a screenshot that let's us see the entire RP05 tree.
Hi! If you search for RP05 in IOReg, then click the highlighted result. Next, delete the search result. RP05 tree results will all show up makes it a lot easier.

@CaseySJ

Hope you’re well! I was wondering if anything changed in relation to MapleRidge, TB4 since Oct 2021? Is there a hot-plug solution that you know of that might work for my Asus X570S ProArt Creator?

Remember we tried quite a bit back in the day and I was wondering if things progressed since.

Thanks!

Hello, here again. I'm still looking for a way to fix Titan Ridge on Z590 Vision D, without getting reboots. I found that, (after the reboot my machine does the first time when connecting a Thunderbolt), Maple Ridge USB drivers from Hackintool disappear. I wonder how I can go about excluding them myself. Anyway, if there is a way to make the AppleUSBXHCIPCI that appears in Hackintool disappear... @CaseySJ THANKS!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 18.25.38.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 18.25.38.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
@CaseySJ

Hope you’re well! I was wondering if anything changed in relation to MapleRidge, TB4 since Oct 2021? Is there a hot-plug solution that you know of that might work for my Asus X570S ProArt Creator?

Remember we tried quite a bit back in the day and I was wondering if things progressed since.

Thanks!
Are you already using a Thunderbolt hotplug SSDT? If so, please post it so I can take a look.

Also, are you using Monterey 12.3.1?

@CaseySJ

Thanks!
@InsomnIaHackintosh: I am trying to get the ProArt booting into Big Sur without luck since some days. I had quite some good result with Bios 402 and Catalina but I'm not getting past the boot screen of the Big Sur installer (KP).
Would you mind sharing a working EFI? This will be very appreciated.

Back