Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

On the Z590 Vision D there is a built-in Maple Ridge Thunderbolt 4 controller. But you're using a flashed GC-Titan Ridge.
  • Does it help if you Disable the built-in Maple Ridge controller in BIOS?
  • If that does not help, then does it help if you un-flash the GC-Titan Ridge?
I've tried disabling Maple Ridge from the BIOS, but to no avail... Honestly, I didn't try the Titan with the original firmware. Not being very adept at flashing my devices, I'm afraid of breaking it.
I have an Alpine Ridge, without flashing, could I try it?
If there is no option, I try to flash the Titan again. I just need to know what the original firmware is, if you can provide it to me so I don't make mistakes. It's a Titan Ridge V.2

@CaseySJ Can you fix this Maple Ridge firmware so I can flash it to my Gigabyte Maple Ridge TB4 add-on card?

Attachments

• Maple-Ridge-OriginalFirmware.bin.zip
    224.5 KB · Views: 42
@CaseySJ Can you fix this Maple Ridge firmware so I can flash it to my Gigabyte Maple Ridge TB4 add-on card?
I've been secretly working on that for the past 2 days, but without success. I've tried a number of firmware modifications, but most of them result in total inability of the GC-Maple Ridge to connect to a Thunderbolt device.

Even @Elias64Fr has provided some firmware variations.

GC-Maple Ridge appears to be different from GC-Titan Ridge in several significant ways. We're trying to force Apple's Titan Ridge driver to work with Maple Ridge, but this is proving to be very difficult.

I've been secretly working on that for the past 2 days, but without success. I've tried a number of firmware modifications, but most of them result in total inability of the GC-Maple Ridge to connect to a Thunderbolt device.

GC-Maple Ridge appears to be different from GC-Titan Ridge in several significant ways. We're trying to force Apple's Titan Ridge driver to work with Maple Ridge, but this is proving to be very difficult.
Ah ok, no problem. If you need a guinea pig I'll volunteer

Ah ok, no problem. If you need a guinea pig I'll volunteer

I'd like to sign up for second chair guinea pig on the EX4.
I’m planning to create a very “evil” version of the firmware to fool macOS into thinking this is a Titan Ridge card. I have no idea what the consequences will be, but we should always have a copy of original firmware ready to be flashed back.

I’m planning to create a very “evil” version of the firmware to fool macOS into thinking this is a Titan Ridge card. I have no idea what the consequences will be, but we should always have a copy of original firmware ready to be flashed back.
The Mad Scientist back at work in the lab. Awesome.

Count me in as well.:)

Fine by me, I always have a copy of the original firmware.

** For Experienced Users Only **

Disclaimer:
Flashing the firmware on your GC-Titan Ridge is risky. In most cases it is possible to flash the original firmware back and recover normal operation. In the worst case, normal operation may not be achievable, thereby rendering the card useless. If you choose to install and test any of the modified firmware files in this thread, you and you alone assume all responsibility for any problems, damages, etc. that may occur.

Modification: maple-MOD-2.bin
This is a modified firmware for GC-Maple Ridge that replaces all occurrences of 86803611 with 8680EA15. It also changes 2121 in the preamble to 3131.

Modification: maple-MOD-3.bin
This version is much less dramatic than the previous. It incorporates bit flag modifications for 4 bytes that were critical for Titan Ridge, but may or may not be effective with Maple Ridge. I would suggest testing this file first.

Attachments

• maple-MOD-2.bin.zip
    225 KB · Views: 53
  • maple-MOD-3.bin.zip
    225 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back