Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Was anyone successful reading/writing with Raspberry Pi method? I was never able to get a read off of mine. Maybe I missed that.

Was anyone successful reading/writing with Raspberry Pi method? I was never able to get a read off of mine. Maybe I missed that.
It may help to place the GC-Titan Ridge on an anti-static bag when reading/writing the firmware.

I understand that it is for experienced users, and I know that I run all the risk. First I would like to ask you a few questions... to clear up some doubts.

1- Where is the Maple Ridge Gigabyte z590 Vision D Windbond chip located?
2- If something goes wrong, do I break only the Thunderbolt, or can I break the whole motherboard?
3- If I flash the firmware and then update the BIOS, can something happen?

Thanks!!!!

It may help to place the GC-Titan Ridge on an anti-static bag when reading/writing the firmware.
Hmm. I gave it another couple of tries, it's not detected on the reading. I just tested out on Titan Ridge V1 and it read immediately. Maple Ridge is just a tough nut to crack.:banghead:

Hmm. I gave it another couple of tries, it's not detected on the reading. I just tested out on Titan Ridge V1 and it read immediately. Maple Ridge is just a tough nut to crack.:banghead:
I found reinserting the flash device after a failed connection sometimes helped, especially if its an initializing error. Its a weird one!

It was very tricky for me too, but I switched to the Pomona 5250, placed the PCB on the anti-static bag it came in, and positioned the SOIC clip a bit further towards pin 1 with the dimple. It worked immediately and repeatedly.

But I haven’t tried the new firmware yet. Was a very busy day. Will be able to pick this up on weekend.

I understand that it is for experienced users, and I know that I run all the risk. First I would like to ask you a few questions... to clear up some doubts.

1- Where is the Maple Ridge Gigabyte z590 Vision D Windbond chip located?
2- If something goes wrong, do I break only the Thunderbolt, or can I break the whole motherboard?
3- If I flash the firmware and then update the BIOS, can something happen?

Thanks!!!!
This is for GC-Maple Ridge add-in-card only. We cannot flash built-in Maple Ridge controllers.

I found reinserting the flash device after a failed connection sometimes helped, especially if its an initializing error. Its a weird one!
I've always worried about reinserting without powering off... is that what you mean? I am getting a failed to detect message.

It was very tricky for me too, but I switched to the Pomona 5250, placed the PCB on the anti-static bag it came in, and positioned the SOIC clip a bit further towards pin 1 with the dimple. It worked immediately and repeatedly.

But I haven’t tried the new firmware yet. Was a very busy day. Will be able to pick this up on weekend.
I'll give this another try tomorrow (busy day today). If I'm able to get this flashed, is there a particular DROM to use?

Got it! I have the Pomona 5250 but I readjusted as @NorthAmTransAm suggested and it finally worked! I have the mod-3 version flashed. Which system should I try this in... I have the Gigabyte Z390 (macOS 12.1) or the Asus Z690 (macOS 12.1/12.2.1 or 12.3 beta2)? Also, any accompanying SSDTs?

Got it! I have the Pomona 5250 but I readjusted as @NorthAmTransAm suggested and it finally worked! I have the mod-3 version flashed. Which system should I try this in... I have the Gigabyte Z390 (MacOS 12.1) or the Asus Z690 (MacOS 12.1/12.2.1 or 12.3 beta2)? Also, any accompanying ssdts?
The GC-Maple Ridge should be tested on a motherboard that has a Thunderbolt header. If you have already used the card on a board without a Thunderbolt header, did you use a jumper to force power?

We can use the attached SSDT, but the PCI root port (RP05, RP09, RP21, etc.) will need to be adjusted for the motherboard and PCIe slot.

This SSDT uses PC00 instead of PCI0, and RP05.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Back