CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone, some time ago I switched from my Gigabyte Z370XP SLI (that was damaged) to a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.

With the new motherboard I have boot problems. By using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which was working fine with Z370) I always have the deny sign. By using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.uefi it usually boots but it doesn't keep NVRAM settings and sleep/shutdown cause reboot.
I also tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free200.efi: NVRAM settings are stored correctly, sleep/shutdown work fine but if I keep the computer more than one day shut down, it needs at least 2-3 tries in order to boot.

I have latest version of Clover, FakeSMC (with all the other related kexts), USBInjectAll (with the proper SSDT created for the new motherboard), Lilu, AppleALC, WhatEvergreen and IntelMausiEthernet. Also the BIOS is up to date.

Can someone help me? I attach my EFI folder.
Thank you :)

Attachments

Last edited:

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone, some time ago I switched from my Gigabyte Z370XP SLI (that was damaged) to a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.

With the new motherboard I have boot problems. By using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which was working fine with Z370) I always have the deny sign. By using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.uefi it usually boots but it doesn't keep NVRAM settings and sleep/shutdown cause reboot.
I also tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free200.efi: NVRAM settings are stored correctly, sleep/shutdown work fine but if I keep the computer more than one day shut down, it needs at least 2-3 tries in order to boot.

I have latest version of Clover, FakeSMC (with all the other related kexts), USBInjectAll (with the proper SSDT created for the new motherboard), Lilu, AppleALC, WhatEvergreen and IntelMausiEthernet. Also the BIOS is up to date.

Can someone help me? I attach my EFI folder.
Thank you :)
Hi there.

Complicated!

A few thoughts then (not necessarily solutions):

1) If you use anything other than ApltioMemoryFix-64.efi then you need to emulate NVRAM separately. EmuVariableUefi.efi needs installing etc. Maybe RC Scripts too. (OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 I'm not sure about).

2) If you use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi it is suggested you need AppleImageLoader-64.efi too.

3) You are over-clocking to 5Ghz along with a bespoke memory specification.

You seem to generally be on top of the situation but if you want to dig deeper you could try using the UniBeast config.plist and then add stuff back in until something breaks (?)

:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I solved by using VirtualSMC instad of FakeSMC, which is obsolete.
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 + EmuVariableUefi for NVRAM.

Now it always boot fine and NVRAM settings are stored correctly. Also sleep mode/shutting down are working fine :)