CPU
i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, some time ago I switched from my Gigabyte Z370XP SLI (that was damaged) to a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.

With the new motherboard I have boot problems. By using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which was working fine with Z370) I always have the deny sign. By using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.uefi it usually boots but it doesn't keep NVRAM settings and sleep/shutdown cause reboot.
I also tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free200.efi: NVRAM settings are stored correctly, sleep/shutdown work fine but if I keep the computer more than one day shut down, it needs at least 2-3 tries in order to boot.

I have latest version of Clover, FakeSMC (with all the other related kexts), USBInjectAll (with the proper SSDT created for the new motherboard), Lilu, AppleALC, WhatEvergreen and IntelMausiEthernet. Also the BIOS is up to date.

Can someone help me? I attach my EFI folder.
Thank you :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Hi everyone, some time ago I switched from my Gigabyte Z370XP SLI (that was damaged) to a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.

With the new motherboard I have boot problems. By using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which was working fine with Z370) I always have the deny sign. By using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.uefi it usually boots but it doesn't keep NVRAM settings and sleep/shutdown cause reboot.
I also tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free200.efi: NVRAM settings are stored correctly, sleep/shutdown work fine but if I keep the computer more than one day shut down, it needs at least 2-3 tries in order to boot.

I have latest version of Clover, FakeSMC (with all the other related kexts), USBInjectAll (with the proper SSDT created for the new motherboard), Lilu, AppleALC, WhatEvergreen and IntelMausiEthernet. Also the BIOS is up to date.

Can someone help me? I attach my EFI folder.
Thank you :)

Hi there.

Complicated!

A few thoughts then (not necessarily solutions):

1) If you use anything other than ApltioMemoryFix-64.efi then you need to emulate NVRAM separately. EmuVariableUefi.efi needs installing etc. Maybe RC Scripts too. (OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 I'm not sure about).

2) If you use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi it is suggested you need AppleImageLoader-64.efi too.

3) You are over-clocking to 5Ghz along with a bespoke memory specification.

You seem to generally be on top of the situation but if you want to dig deeper you could try using the UniBeast config.plist and then add stuff back in until something breaks (?)

:)

I solved by using VirtualSMC instad of FakeSMC, which is obsolete.
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 + EmuVariableUefi for NVRAM.

Now it always boot fine and NVRAM settings are stored correctly. Also sleep mode/shutting down are working fine :)

Now it always boot fine and NVRAM settings are stored correctly. Also sleep mode/shutting down are working fine :)
Hi Michelinu,

I also use the same motherboard as your Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Elite (i7 8700, GTX 1050Ti, 32G RAM, WD SN750 1TB NvME SSD), which can't enter the installation screen when installing mojave.

Can you give me your final EFI files and kext, let me try it?

Thanks

Hi Michelinu,

Thanks for your EFI zip file, I just solved my problem, I think it should be same as yours : OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

Last edited:

I also have the same motherboard. I have a lot working on it and my computer is pretty stable however i do have usb issues. Portmapping the usb ports may be above my pay grade. Is it possible for me to also get your efi so i can see if my ports come back to life?

also have you tried sidecar? If you have an ipad that is;)

Can you send me the efi as well i have same board
Have a look at my Clover Folder. Im using the same board. I use aptiomemoryfix but I use an iMacPro1,1 SmBIOS.

Attachments

• SLIPANOT-CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back