Not open for further replies.
Lilu.kext should be first in the list in your config.plist

shouldn't need VoodooPS2Controller.kext unless you have a very old PS2 keyboard

probably only really need:
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
ResetNvramEntry.efi
enabled
Your right about the kext order but I trusted Propertree with a clean OC snapshot and didn't check the order after. Usually Propertree does a good job with the kext order. As long all kexts that depend exclusively on Lilu are place after Lilu is what really matters and all kext won't necessarily depend on Lilu.

The extra kexts where added to meet all the specs and features of his motherboard. He can always disable a kext that he won't use at the moment and enable on after if needed. The APFS MinVersion was set for Catalina or newer but it seems he wants Mojave so maybe that was the problem. The table below shows the right numbers for Mojave. If you use those numbers it will work with Mojave and all versions after Mojave.

There is an SSDT floating around for Thunderbolt support but you need to use it together with your DRAM table after edit your DRAM table by removing the Reserve Memory Regions Section. You will also need to add SSDT-DTPG and finally with the help of a tool like modGRUBShell.efi change a UEFI variable to force Thunderbolt on. You have a wonderful board. If you make all the tweaks it will perform amazingly. Cheers.

1664320601052.png

if you mean MinVersion and MinData, set them both to -1 for no restrictions (then you can upgrade to a later version after if needs be and then set them to 0)
Ah. MinVersion and MinData, I forgot about those. Thanks for the reminder.

Your right about the kext order but I trusted Propertree with a clean OC snapshot and didn't check the order after. Usually Propertree does a good job with the kext order. As long all kexts that depend exclusively on Lilu are place after Lilu is what really matters and all kext won't necessarily depend on Lilu.

The extra kexts where added to meet all the specs and features of his motherboard. He can always disable a kext that he won't use at the moment and enable on after if needed. The APFS MinVersion was set for Catalina or newer but it seems he wants Mojave so maybe that was the problem. The table below shows the right numbers for Mojave. If you use those numbers it will work with Mojave and all versions after Mojave.

There is an SSDT floating around for Thunderbolt support but you need to use it together with your DRAM table after edit your DRAM table by removing the Reserve Memory Regions Section. You will also need to add SSDT-DTPG and finally with the help of a tool like modGRUBShell.efi change a UEFI variable to force Thunderbolt on. You have a wonderful board. If you make all the tweaks it will perform amazingly. Cheers.

View attachment 555401
also if you configure your own config.plist, there is no reason to do an OC snapshot :)

Ha. I'm in. I got stuck at the notorious black screen (instead of the desktop picture)with my own OC config, but had success with a slightly adapted version of @tecnicasopr EFI.

Nice one.

Thanks again, Feartech and tecnicasopr!

Installing OC on my Z390 was much easier, BTW.

Now I need to get Thunderbolt going.

Last edited:

@tecnicasopr: can you be a bit more specific? TB/USB-c works more or less when a device is attached before booting, but hot plug doesn't.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

@zipb Look in the spoiler for your board here. Also check @canyondust posts related to this board, he advance a lot with this board.

I have a problem: when I do a shutdown via remote desktop, after about 40 seconds the hack suddenly reboots.

Any ideas? I took the FireWire card out and checked my USBports.kext. Didn't help.

I have a problem: when I do a shutdown via remote desktop, after about 40 seconds the hack suddenly reboots.

Any ideas? I took the FireWire card out and checked my USBports.kext. Didn't help.
Check your USBports.kext once again. Set any IOUSBHostDevice (internal HUB) to internal. If you installed a WIFI/Bluetooth then set the USB connector to internal too. Some AIO water coolers also give problems with reboot so set it's USB connector to internal and if it still gives you trouble you can then disable that USB port. As long the fan/water header is connect the pump will work. If your case comes with an SD Card reader then set it's USB connector to internal. Just in case clean Nvram and caches, reboot and try again. Hope you fix your problem.

I investigated a bit more, the reboot is apparently caused by the SSDT-TbtOnPch-GA-Z170-UD5.aml I have in OC/ACPI.

This is supposed to make TB hot swap possible, but it has the reboot side effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back