1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've built a Frankenstein Hack bases on this mobo from scraps lying around. I would be much obliged if someone could provide me with a working OC EFI for this combo. I would like to run Mojave, if possible.
The Z170 ones I've tried lead to black screens/reboots/etc
I don't mind doing some work myself, but this is kinda hard with a black screen...

Help much appreciated.

Zip

Here I uploaded an OpenCore EFI folder that can help you with your OS installation.
Before you start installing you should press the space bar on your keyboard at the OpenCore boot option screen to access the Auxiliary tools menu.

There you will find different tools. An easy one is CFGLock.efi Click on it and after asking you: Do you want to toggle the value y/n?, answer yes by just typing y, then hit enter.
After reboot you will have CFGLock unlock. You can now proceed to install your OS.

I hope your motherboard has all firmwares already updated. If not, it could be good to update your UEFI/BIOS, thunderbolt and HDMI.

This motherboard supports HDMI 2.0 after firmware update. Look for updates online to have all features available before you start. You might need a Windows installation to update all the mention firmwares: UEFI, thunderbolt and HDMI 2.0

Don't forget to add your own serials.
After you finish installing macOS, fix your USB ports. I hope you succeed with your installation. Cheers.

Attachments

• GA-Z170X-UD5 TH OpenCore EFI.zip
    47.3 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Here I uploaded an OpenCore EFI folder that can help you with your OS installation.
Before you start installing you should press the space bar on your keyboard at the OpenCore boot option screen to access the Auxiliary tools menu.

There you will find different tools. An easy one is CFGLock.efi Click on it and after asking you: Do you want to toggle the value y/n?, answer yes by just typing y, then hit enter.
After reboot you will have CFGLock unlock. You can now proceed to install your OS.

I hope your motherboard has all firmwares already updated. If not, it could be good to update your UEFI/BIOS, thunderbolt and HDMI.

This motherboard supports HDMI 2.0 after firmware update. Look for updates online to have all features available before you start. You might need a Windows installation to update all the mention firmwares: UEFI, thunderbolt and HDMI 2.0

Don't forget to add your own serials.
After you finish installing macOS, fix your USB ports. I hope you succeed with your installation. Cheers.
I don't even get to the OC boot menu. I get a string of errors that stops at 'missing vault'

I don't even get to the OC boot menu. I get a string of errors that stops at 'missing vault'
set Vault to Optional in your config.plist

I notice some personal patches I use. I cleaned and simplified the EFI so you can download it again. Use the same link, I edit the link and added the new simple EFI. Also double check your UEFI/BIOS settings.

I notice some personal patches I use. I cleaned and simplified the EFI so you can download it again. Use the same link, I edit the link and added the new simple EFI. Also double check your UEFI/BIOS settings.
Lilu.kext should be first in the list in your config.plist

shouldn't need VoodooPS2Controller.kext unless you have a very old PS2 keyboard

probably only really need:
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
ResetNvramEntry.efi
enabled

I tried to build an OC EFI myself following the Dortania guide. I got stuck at a black screen with 'no boot entries' or something to that effect. The guide said I had to set some parameter to 0 to fix this, but it was 0 already.

This Mojave SSD is from the Clover era. Would this block recognition in OC?
I've cleaned it a bit from the obvious Clover stuff, but I might have missed something.

I tried to build an OC EFI myself following the Dortania guide. I got stuck at a black screen with 'no boot entries' or something to that effect. The guide said I had to set some parameter to 0 to fix this, but it was 0 already.

This Mojave SSD is from the Clover era. Would this block recognition in OC?
I've cleaned it a bit from the obvious Clover stuff, but I might have missed something.
if you mean MinVersion and MinData, set them both to -1 for no restrictions (then you can upgrade to a later version after if needs be and then set them to 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back