Contribute
Register

Z170x-UD5-TH, ASUS STRIX 980Ti, Samsung 950 Nvme M.2 - Clean Install of El Capitan HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel I7-6700K 4.00 GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Extreme Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the LONG title.

I have spent the past week, other than sleeping/eating time, reading through the forums of guides and successes.
I haven't put together the PC yet, because I have never done this before or anything of this sort.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for the directions/guide for my particular build. I am afraid that some of the guides are outdated by a few months to almost a year back. I will try to give as much details as possible, hoping for the best help information.

Here is my build:
Gigabyte Z170x-UD5-TH
Intel i7 6700K
ASUS STRIX 980Ti
64Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX
BCM94360CD For Bluetooth/Wifi
Samsung 950 Nvme M.2 for BOOT
Samsung 850 PRO 1Tb for DATA
Samsung 850 PRO 256Gb for Windows BOOT
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB for DATA
Corsair AX760 PSU

I would like to make this build PERFECT. Full working audio from mobo w/HDMI, wake/sleep problems, CPU working at its best, iMessage/Facetime (This part, I've read through the guide, but it is extremely hard to understand... Maybe someone can put it into simpler terms to fix?), USB 3.0, Thunderbolt? (It seems this is unfixable at the moment), etc (I might have left something out)

I will try to put down in detail what I will be doing, PLEASE let me know which steps that I did wrong. Thank you.

I have already downloaded all the required (maybe some that I don't need, due to the new updates) files and apps. (Multibeast 8.2.3, Unibeast (Latest), Clover Configurator (Latest), latest nvidia driver, clover_v2.3k_r3320_UEFI.pkg, EFI Mounter-v3, Kext-Beast, patch-nvme-master (for the M.2 drive boot), IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Rehabman-USBInjectALL, SSDT-i7-6700K, SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD5-TH.aml, SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD5-TH.dsl, FakeSMC.kext, audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0s10.command, audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.23.command, 1150 (folder for sleep/wake problem), MaciASL.app. *I've put in BOLD the things I thought that were a must*

Please let me know which of these that I won't need for my specific build.

Step 1:
So, I'll start off by creating a Bootable USB through Unibeast. *Do I need to inject nvidia from the Unibeast option?*
I have seen some guides that create this disk through Terminal app and some sort of code? Which option should I go for?

I have a Samsung 950 Nvme M.2 512Gb, so I am not sure how to put to use the files in patch_nvme_master folder I have downloaded somewhere in one of the forums. I would like to install the latest El Capitan 10.11.6
Step 2:
I am not sure what version my BIOS is currently in due to me being a TOTAL NOOB and haven't put the PC together yet. I am on my Macbook Pro. But it seems that I should be updating to version F5, although I have seen on the site there is a more recent firmware F6. What should I need?

Configure my mobo's BIOS settings:
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Disable VT-d setting
  • Disable CFG-Lock
  • Set Boot to USB
  • Disable Secure Boot Mode
  • Set OS Type to Other OS
  • Enable XHCI Handoff
  • Disable I/O Serial port
Save & Exit

Step 3:
When booted from the USB to Clover boot, go to options and put in 'nv_disable=1' *Do I need to do this if I have injected nvidia drivers from Unibeast?*

Continue boot from USB, format the M.2 drive, install El Capitan, reboot.

When booted to Clover boot screen, change options again to 'nv_disable=1', then boot from M.2 El Capitan.

Step 4:
After getting into the desktop of El Capitan, run Multibeast.

**I don't know how to quote this and show that it is reference from someone else's post, SORRY**
MultiBeast Setup
Run MultiBeast, and you probably want to do something like this:
  1. Select Quick Start / UEFI Boot Mode
  2. Go to Drivers / Audio / Realtek ALCxxx. Select 100 Series Audio. Then also select your specific model of sound device. For instance many, but not all, Skylake boards come with an ALC1150. You must select both items here or else you probably won't get working sound.
  3. Go to Drivers / Network and select your network driver. For an Intel i219 (common on Skylake boards), you can select AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.3 or IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3. I'll be using this one. The Mausi driver needs a manual fix after running MultiBeast, but the AppleIntelE1000e driver has sleep/wake issues on some machines.
  4. Go to Drivers / USB and select Increase Max Port Limit
  5. If you have a non-Intel USB3 or USB3.1 port on your board (e.g. an ASMedia port), also select 3rd Party USB 3.0 under Drivers / USB **I'm not sure if I need to check this for my board..?**
  6. If you are using HD530 integrated graphics, go to Customize / Graphics Configuration and select Intel HD 530. This is not needed if you are using an add-in graphics card.
  7. You may choose which system definition to install. MacPro3,1 is the most reliable for any arbitrary hackintosh installation. iMac17,1 is currently the only Apple desktop with a Skylake chip, though it requires manual configuration to run Nvidia Web drivers (Fix #4 from this thread).
  8. Go to the Build screen and review the selections. Hit Save at the top so you don't have to remember all this next time! Then Install.
After installation, you can quit MultiBeast.

If you installed the IntelMausiEthernet driver with MultiBeast 8.2.2, there's one fix to make: you should open Terminal and run:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Then remove your USB install drive and reboot.

Step 5:
Install nvidia driver.

I've seen this in the forums that I should open Clover Configurator and do this with the options to fix black screen on 17,1? Do I need to do this?

1. Open your Clover config.plist using text edit and scroll till you see <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
  2. In that section you will want to add the following:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaXg=
    </data>
    </dict>
  3. Save your config and now your kext will be patched when you boot by changing board-id to board-ix.

Reboot.

Step 6:
Change boot in BIOS to main drive.
Reboot
In Clover boot settings put in 'nvda_drv=1'
Continue boot.
Then in Clover Configurator, mount EFI, in the options click 'nvda_drv=1'

I think those are the basics to get the system running.

Now, what I would like is help for:
  1. Getting USB3.0 working correctly
  2. Facetime/iMessage
  3. Bluetooth Handoff/Continuity (This might be automatic with the BCM94360CD) not sure
  4. Correct RAM/CPU usage settings in the "About my Mac"
  5. DSDT, SSDT?? What do I need to do with those?
  6. Do I need to enable TRIM?
  7. Audio through HDMI2.0
I do appreciate very much for your time in reading through this and for your help.

And I express my respect and gratitude for all the GENIUSES who put their endless hours and effort into creating this forum to make our lives better and EASIER! :clap:

God Bless you guys!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back