Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> YouTube freezing on Sierra 10.12 and Google Chrome problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will check it out and see if it works. Yea, Gigamaxx seems to know whats going on with the system.

GOOD NEWS!! I get the google chrome to work + youtube in chrome after sleep. So if you just use chrome as your browser you shall be fine.

Here is what I did:
1. Restart and make sure chrome works.
2. open chrome and go to setting-show advance setting.
3. disable use hardware acceleration when available

Then everything works just fine in chrome, including youtube video. I am still trying to figure out a solution for safari and my FaceTime after sleep.

Let me know if this works for you!

GOOD NEWS!! I get the google chrome to work + youtube in chrome after sleep. So if you just use chrome as your browser you shall be fine.

Here is what I did:
1. Restart and make sure chrome works.
2. open chrome and go to setting-show advance setting.
3. disable use hardware acceleration when available

Then everything works just fine in chrome, including youtube video. I am still trying to figure out a solution for safari and my FaceTime after sleep.

Let me know if this works for you!
ok thanks! but I am also having problems with other apps like WhatsApp, sometimes messages etc. I think may very well be due to the hardware acceleration feature of the rx 480. Maybe if we both do a post to Gigamaxx, could he then be able to find a solution

ok thanks! but I am also having problems with other apps like WhatsApp, sometimes messages etc. I think may very well be due to the hardware acceleration feature of the rx 480. Maybe if we both do a post to Gigamaxx, could he then be able to find a solution

Sounds good, I just went through hell while trying to find a solution. I accidentally deleted the UEFI boot option for clover. Spent 3 hours to get it back. So tired.

I think they are all related to hardware acceleration at some point. But first could you try does my method of fixing chrome works for you? and then we can do a post to gigamaxx

Sounds good, I just went through hell while trying to find a solution. I accidentally deleted the UEFI boot option for clover. Spent 3 hours to get it back. So tired.

I think they are all related to hardware acceleration at some point. But first could you try does my method of fixing chrome works for you? and then we can do a post to gigamaxx
yes chrome and YouTube seem to be working after sleep.
Many thanks for the find!

Great. I just got my wifi and BT card today. Everything works like a champ except for hands off and "unlock with apple watch". Have you enable those features yet?
Hi, I haven't had a need for hand off or unlock with Apple Watch as I do not use an iPhone or Apple Watch, so I couldn't verify that they work but I do believe they are enabled I have a Broadcom BCM Wifi and bluetooth card and followed a tutorial at GitHub that @toleda wrote.

Hi, I haven't had a need for hand off or unlock with Apple Watch as I do not use an iPhone or Apple Watch, so I couldn't verify that they work but I do believe they are enabled I have a Broadcom BCM Wifi and bluetooth card and followed a tutorial at GitHub that @toleda wrote.
Alright, I tried a few things and it magically started to work this morning lol idk why

I have Asus Z170i Pro + i5-6500 + Gigabyte RX 460 build and having same issues of YouTube videos not working most of the time. Random apps doesn't open specially Chrome.
What's the status for this issue now?

For YouTube video in safari after sleep, I haven't found any solution. But for chrome after sleep, you need to turn off use hardware acceleration in chrome's setting- advance setting. Let me know if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back