Contribute
Register

"Your device or computer could not be verified" App store error in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
custom
CPU
Graphics
gtx 670 superclocked 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I try to log into the app store it gives me: "Your device or computer could not be verified". I have tried everything I could find on the internet including the stuff on here, editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the code from EFIstudio, deleting all the network devices, deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist etc. What else can I do? :oops: No matter what I do I can't log onto the App Store. If it matters I used Unsupported to install osx 10.8

Hardware:

evga gtx 670
Intel i7 3770k
16gb 1600mhz ram
asrock extreme4 z77 motherboard
120gb SSD
2tb Caviar Black

Thanks.

Unsupported as not purchased from the app store?

Thanks

Hi, I made the original post a little more clear. Thanks.

That doesn't answer the question...

Sorry, the error happens when I first try to log on to the app store in osx Mountain Lion. Before I try to install any app store apps. What not purchased from the app store? I already bought mountain lion on the account I am logging on with.

:(

Well, I have tried everything you guys have suggested, but nothing has worked. :( Has anyone else tried the fixes on final release Mountain Lion?

Thanks.

This worked for me:

• Quit App Store
• Go to Keychain Acccess
• Open preferences
• Go to Certificates
• Turn Certificate Revocation List (CRL) OFF
• Try to log in again

No guarantees but it's worth a punt.

:(

Nope. Thanks anyway.

app store fix

It looks like your board has the PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s for built-in ethernet. 1) I'd install the Updated Realtek Gigabit Ethernet v2.0.6 for 10.7
from Multibeast 4.6.1 if you have not already done so. Make sure you verify and fix permissions after you install. 2) Then go into EFI Studio (google it if you do not have it) and choose ethernet. 3) Click add device string and add the string to your apple.boot.plist. 4) Copy that device key and string from Library/Preferences/System Configuration/Apple.boot.plist and add it to your chamleon.org.boot.plist in the Extra folder. 5) Now go back to Library/Preferences/System Configuration and delete the Network.plist - don't worry it will come back after reboot. Ok not done yet - 6) go into network preferences and delete ALL your connections. 7) Now reboot. Once you boot back into ML, 8) go to Network preferences and re-add ethernet, wi-fi, built-in and any other connections you have. Make sure they are active and you should be able to get the App store to leT you log in. As for iCloud you need to use Chimera 1.1.1 as your boot loader as well as the above steps in order for that to work.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back