Contribute
Register

Yosemite won't boot from HDD on XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better stay away from the System Definition MacPro 6,1. Use MacPro 3,1 or select appropriate one for your configuration from here : http://www.everymac.com

1. Boot with your USB again.
2. Rerun Multibeast
3. Select "Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0"
4. Select "Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro 3,1"
5. Install it.
6. Reboot and check booting from HDD.

Good Luck...!
When I boot into the HDD from the USB I get a black screen and my monitor switches off like there is no input. What should I do? Try again?

When I boot into the HDD from the USB I get a black screen and my monitor switches off like there is no input. What should I do? Try again?

Use the same boot flags which you had used for installation.

Use the same boot flags which you had used for installation.
I am using the flags 'dart=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, IGPEnabler=No, -f, -v' it boots and I get to the log in screen, I enter my credentials, hit enter and then the loading disk spins. How could I fix this? :beachball:

I am using the flags 'dart=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, IGPEnabler=No, -f, -v' it boots and I get to the log in screen, I enter my credentials, hit enter and then the loading disk spins. How could I fix this? :beachball:

How long you waited there? This may take bit time to reach desktop.

Also please note no comas (",") are required in between the flags only single space is fine

Also please not no comas (",") are required in between the flags only single space is fine
I have left it over 18 hours and it still is not letting me in! Should I use the guest account?

Also please note no comas (",") are required in between the flags only single space is fine
I rebooted, used "dart=0 nv_disable=1" booted well, logged into the guest account fine, downloaded MultiBeast, make your suggested changed. Rebooted. Works perfectly, the booting problems have also been solved too! :headbang::clap:

I rebooted, used "dart=0 nv_disable=1" booted well, logged into the guest account fine, downloaded MultiBeast, make your suggested changed. Rebooted. Works perfectly, the booting problems have also been solved too! :headbang::clap:

Nice to hear from you. Enjoy with your Yosemite.

Is there a way I can dual boot now? I want to be able to have windows 7 just for going on GTA V PC as it isn't released for Mac. Is there a way I cen do this? :geek:

Is there a way I can dual boot now? I want to be able to have windows 7 just for going on GTA V PC as it isn't released for Mac. Is there a way I cen do this? :geek:

Remove OS X HDD/SSD, keep only the HDD/SSD where you want to install Windows
Then install Windows, install required drivers.
Connect OS X HDD/SSD.

Check booting of both OS.

Remove OS X HDD/SSD, keep only the HDD/SSD where you want to install Windows
Then install Windows, install required drivers.
Connect OS X HDD/SSD.

Check booting of both OS.
Thanks. I managed to do it dual booting on the same drive with a partition on it. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back