Contribute
Register

Yosemite Windows UEFI on the same drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
XMG P304
CPU
i7-4810mq/HM87
Graphics
Nvidia GTX860m/HD4600, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I have installed Windows UEFI, and would like to install Yosemite on the same drive.

What i have done so far:

* Shrunk the disk to add extra partition for OSX
* Partitioned it as exFAT (Tried NTFS aswell)
* Booted onto OS X installation opened disk utility, tried to erase the new partition.

However it sais "Mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation" eventhough i have 55 GB free..

What to do? I heard that you could use GParted to change the format to HFS+ but is there a simpler way?

Im going crazy here!.. :evil:

Hello, I have installed Windows UEFI, and would like to install Yosemite on the same drive.

What i have done so far:

* Shrunk the disk to add extra partition for OSX
* Partitioned it as exFAT (Tried NTFS aswell)
* Booted onto OS X installation opened disk utility, tried to erase the new partition.

However it sais "Mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation" eventhough i have 55 GB free..

What to do? I heard that you could use GParted to change the format to HFS+ but is there a simpler way?

Im going crazy here!.. :evil:

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

I did follow the steps on the thread and was able to install yosemite and Windows where booting fine after I resized the efi, however now that I have installed yosemite, clover is unable to boot windows.. Any ideas?

I did follow the steps on the thread and was able to install yosemite and Windows where booting fine after I resized the efi, however now that I have installed yosemite, clover is unable to boot windows.. Any ideas?

Make sure you select the correct icon for booting Windows.

And explain exactly what you mean by "clover is unable to boot windows"

This is what i looks like from clover bootloader.. unable to go throught to windows.. I have no more then one windows icon!

Attachments

• IMG_1134[1].jpg
    IMG_1134[1].jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1133[1].jpg
    IMG_1133[1].jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 111
This is what i looks like from clover bootloader.. unable to go throught to windows.. I have no more then one windows icon!

Post config.plist.

Here is the config.plist im currently using!

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 225
Here is the config.plist im currently using!

Set config.plist/GUI/Scan/Legacy=false. Because you don't expect to be booting Windows in legacy mode.

Also, there is an issue with your theme. The config.plist selects 'Bluemac' (GUI/Theme=Bluemac), but your photo clearly shows no 'Bluemac' theme installed.

Also, your ig-platform-id is wrong (0x0260006) which is not a valid ig-platform-id.

I know about the Bluemac theme. It wasnt listed in clover? I was unable to choose that theme. I have tried many ig-platform-id values e.g "0xa260005" "0xa260000" "0xa260006" " 0xa160000" however none of them works for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back