Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that it might be usb on the liquid cooling system and i have that too, goes to sleep and it wake up right away.. Some people said it could be usb ports or bluetooth and wifi...
George

Can you elaborate on this? I'm trying to find a solution. If I have my Hack sleep it, goes down quietly at first. But then once the display follows the computer, the comp wakes back up and the display sees the signal again. I don't have a proper wifi card or internal BT working, I just am using a dongle. but my MoBo is
GA-Z97n-Wifi I'm wondering if I take out the chip that supports the wifi part, that it might get fixed??

I am experiencing this exact same behavior. Sleeping for short/medium amounts of time works great, but often while I am asleep at night, the system wakes up to a black screen that is unresponsive and requires a reboot. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with some sort of deep sleep or hibernate that only kicks in after longer periods of time. Any ideas?

First post!

I've been along time subscriber to this forum but have never got round to posting... until now.

I've been having the same problem as you two. Hack wakes up every two or so hours according to my sleep system log:

syslog |grep -i "Wake reason"
Jan 7 02:09:11 MacPro kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)Jan 7 03:58:04 MacPro kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
Jan 7 05:46:57 MacPro kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
Jan 7 07:35:50 MacPro kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
Jan 7 15:37:13 MacPro kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

etc etc

After a prolonged time it then stays on, but like you said, it's unresponsive requiring a reboot.

I've done some research and stumbled across this: http://ispire.me/fix-yosemite-rtc-alarm-wakeup-issue/

It basically says that it's a yosemite thing, not just restricted to hacks, and occurs on all computers running yosemite (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6611068?start=0&tstart=0)

The issue appears to be with Multicast which allows OS X to be accessed by airplay devices etc. This must require the computer to switch on so often?

The first link provides a fix for this, although it's not perfect. I've gone with his second suggestion in the hope that something as simple as switching off the time zone settings might help. I will report back!

I'm assuming this will be useful for everyone, not just those systems which don't respond after many sleep wake cycles (TheDon & brotherofjared)

Good luck

Having the same issues with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. WIll try the WoL fix and report back.

KMH

went back from F16 (modded BIOS) to F15o (from GA website) yesterday

booting and everything else is same as usual and working
but on shutdown the 2 NICs also are turned off completely!

i have WoL and ErP activated in UEFI/BIOS ... booting and normal operation OK .... but when shut down then it really IS turned off. no WoL possible ... NICs are turned off. no LEDs flashing on the router i am connected to.

i dunno .... i haven't had these WoL problems on CHIMERA ... it all began at the point i switched to CLOVER
CLOVER is great and rock solid for upcoming releases (IMHO) but WoL is a pain in the a** with this config.... i'm out of clues now ... HELP please...

went back from F16 (modded BIOS) to F15o (from GA website) yesterday

booting and everything else is same as usual and working
but on shutdown the 2 NICs also are turned off completely!

i have WoL and ErP activated in UEFI/BIOS ... booting and normal operation OK .... but when shut down then it really IS turned off. no WoL possible ... NICs are turned off. no LEDs flashing on the router i am connected to.

i dunno .... i haven't had these WoL problems on CHIMERA ... it all began at the point i switched to CLOVER
CLOVER is great and rock solid for upcoming releases (IMHO) but WoL is a pain in the a** with this config.... i'm out of clues now ... HELP please...

I solved sleep problem by removing below lines from /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I am not using integrated graphics.

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I solved sleep problem by removing below lines from /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I am not using integrated graphics.

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

well you could try to leave those lines in there and enable IGP sleep/deep sleep in bios/uefi ;)

BUT .... i am NOT using chameleon ... i am using CLOVER! ;)

Another ga-z77x-ud5h clover-build, BIOS version F14, Clover version r3113.

Try to fix my hack's sleep/wake problem by disable hibernate mode, not work.
So I replaced OsxAptioFix with OsxAptioFix2 to enable hibernate mode.
The problem looks solved, and WoL seems to work (when shutdown, router's LEDs still flashing).

Hope this will help.

The problem looks solved, and WoL seems to work (when shutdown, router's LEDs still flashing).

Hope this will help.

haha :D OMG if this works i owe you a beer ;)

i'll report back ASAP! (right now i'm at work ;) sry)

Hope this will help.

oh i forgot one thing .... i have the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi installed right now ... how do i switch to "Fix2" without affecting ANY of the other clover files? (sry kinda new to clover stuff end in-depth ;) )

i can confirm that --no-multicast solved all my sleep/wake problems with a Z87N-WIFI board in yosemite. i haven't restarted the computer in a week, and every time it wakes just fine.

side effects: it seems that when multicast is disabled, i cannot connect to my SMB shares any more. i still can connect via FTP, so, since the wake/sleep issue is way more annoying, i am keeping it like this.cheers

Other side effects pointed out by flowinh2o:

if you disable multicast, you lose Airplay, wireless sync with iOS devices and communication with AppleTV.

So, be aware of that if you choose this workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back