Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys;

Unfortunately my report of what I did to fix the sleep issue makes no difference, the fix was only temporary. The GenericUSBXHCI.kext posted here does not enable USB3 and does not fix the sleep (hibernation) issue. Sleep works on my system but it takes a long time to go into full hibernation. It's erratic, occasionally it goes in a few seconds.

I found this repeating error in the Console . . .
10/28/2014 9:46:49.309 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.yourcompany.INet[550]) Service could not initialize: Unable to set current working directory. error=2, path=/Applications/INet.app: 14A389: xpcproxy + 12907 [1227][1016C726-9ACF-3A24-9C51-A279F5C6B167]: 0x2

This error is reporting every 10 seconds. I tried finding /Applications/INet.app, but it doesn't appear to exist, I also checked with invisibles turned on. I searched for com.apple.xpc.launchd and com.yourcompany.INet and couldn't find them either.

Anybody know what or where the INet.app came from, is it Apple or another developer's app ?

Thanks

It seems what people have posted in this thread may be different problems. If you have issues with a black screen (but initially responsive mouse pointer) followed shortly by a spinning beachball after waking from sleep, then check if you're running Little Snitch.
In response to my previous post, I've isolated it to LS and perhaps some system conflict. See this thread, which describes the issue and some solutions on regular Macs as well: http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9417

Try a simple test..., verifying if you have a speakers, headphone or microphone plugged in to audio outputs / inputs. If yes, take it out and check sleep / wake function.

My iMac defined machine was working great in Mavericks. Then I went to Yosemite and it still looked great. Sleep worked but then I started noticing what is described in this thread. For me, after a long sleep, like all day, when I return, the power light is on and the screen is blacked out but still on (on displaying all black). The USB laser mouse light is off. At that point I cant do anything with the machine but restart it.

Now If I am just sitting there and let the machine go to sleep or sleep it manually, for the most part I can wake it back up only with the power button provided that not too much time has passed.

Interestingly last night I left my GoPro style camera on and after 15-20 minutes it was set for display to sleep, that passed and the screen went off, then a few seconds later the power button went off and it was asleep. Well something like 7 hours passed according to my GoPro files which are 30 minutes each. Then the machine powered back on, and I briefly saw the Gigabyte logo and then a grey screen then that familiar screen displaying all black.

So my theory now (without helping any) is that it can sleep, but at some point it powers down more fully and thats when it breaks the sleep cycle. Im at work so I cant really test it now but thats sort of what I can gather from all the times since the Yosemite was added. But I will say one thing. Its still a perfect build AFAIC. I got a macbook pro and my build is doing stuff that the macbook isnt doing so far. A call comes in and my computer rings. Although I cant talk on the computer, no mic. But still cool.

For what its worth.

Has anyone found a solution by now? Or is it a bug in Yosemite itself that needs to be fixed by Apple? Thanks.

It's a Yosemite bug... Lots of reports from folks with real Apple computers with the same issues.

My Yosemite Sleep/Wake cycle works flawlessly. When sleep all monitors, fans, and drives shut off.

When I wake it, everything comes back on.

Clover r2976
Fresh install
Did not use multibeast for kexts or anything like that

My Yosemite Sleep/Wake cycle works flawlessly. When sleep all monitors, fans, and drives shut off.

When I wake it, everything comes back on.

Clover r2976
Fresh install
Did not use multibeast for kexts or anything like that

Well, you're one of the lucky few. I suspect that using Clover and doing a fresh install have a lot to do with it. I plan to switch over to Clover again when I find some time to work on it.

Well, you're one of the lucky few. I suspect that using Clover and doing a fresh install have a lot to do with it. I plan to switch over to Clover again when I find some time to work on it.

When I was on Chimera it worked too. Odly I had to turn off wake for internet access in Mavericks to get it to sleep. When I switched to Yosemite using Chimera it worked perfectly too. I didnt want any junk left behind switching to clover, so I did a fresh install

Well my system Clover + Yosemite sleeps/wake fine.

Just one issue, it wakes up every approx. 2 hours, then back to sleep. And sometimes, it failed to back to sleep, so the system just keeps running ON.

You would think it's Ethernet Wake Up issue, NOPE.
Bluetooth wake up issue, NOPE.

It's in Yosemite, Apples changes the way how the DNS daemons works, Apple switches to discoveryd.

And it broadcast the multicast to look for any legitimate Apple devices in your home network for communication - such as AirPlay, AppleTV, AirDrop, or so other devices.

I have to cite that this is the same issues applied to all Apple products - on MBP, it won't go to sleep probably - same thing happened to my MBP.

I have to disable the multicast, and I lost the autodiscovery of Apple devices services ability, but I don't care, because I don't use them on my network.

Refer to this post for how to disable multicast.

http://ispire.me/fix-yosemite-rtc-alarm-wakeup-issue/

with --no-multicast, my system sleeps like a beauty, untill I wake her up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back