Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another GA-Z77X-UD5H user here.

Computer goes to sleep fine(takes a little long though, like 20 seconds). But when I power it back, it doesn't wake up. Display is all black. I have to restart it.

Z77-UD3H -- (DSDT-free install) -- Won't wake from sleep, screen stays black. Won't restart to live screen either -- have to reset the CPU with case switch. Using EvOReboot kext which worked fine in Mavericks.

UPDATE -- does actually go to sleep; does a full restart -- takes a looong time. Does go to sleep when forced from apple menu, wakes up with mouse or key tap. When it goes to sleep by itself, then it doesn't wake up.

UPDATED UPDATE -- all problems mysteriously went away, started up this morning with a space-bar tap. Everything is working now after several restarts over the last two days... No idea what's going on.

+1
z87x-d3h
No sound after long sleep and sleep wakeups randomly due usb ... Also some usb ports not working.
In mavericks worked perfectly. Using a ****y gt610 right now.

20/10/14 22:57:14,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: XHC
20/10/14 22:57:14,000 kernel[0]: Previous sleep cause: 5
20/10/14 22:57:14,000 kernel[0]: The USB device USB Optical Mouse (Port 13 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
20/10/14 22:57:14,000 kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 0 ms
20/10/14 22:57:14,001 watchdogd[268]: [watchdog_daemon] @( pm_callback) - ref=0x0 msg_type=0xe0000320 msg=0x0

thanks

I will confirm that this is an issue, I am having this trouble as well. I have to hard reset my computer after it falls asleep to include reseting the bios.

I used the free-DSDT version.

Same here - I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks (which I upgraded from Mountain Lion, which I upgraded from Lion...). I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS.

Hi All,

I am on Yosemite. I am facing a lost connection of WiFi when the computer wakes up from sleep. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mine sleeps. Then I tap the keyboard to wake it up, and it goes into reboot.

anyone else running into this?

GA-Z77X-UD5H based system here. I just tested sleep and it seems to work fine, with one exception: I have to wake the machine with the power button on the case. Pressing a keyboard key does not wake.

Is there a setting that can affect this? I'm using Clover for the bootloader because of the FileNVRAM problem that affects iMessage.

You have to change configuration in Clover/config.plist
These are the correct setting to let the computer wake from keyboard/mouse/trackpad (also bluetooth apple keyboard and apple magic trackpad if you have a bluetooth dongle that support resume from sleep):

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 08.54.03.png

I had issue with sleep/wake but i solved it deleting GenericUSB kext. Now standby/wake are working well

Hi guys !

I'm having same wake problems on my build (asus p5wh deluxe, c2duo e8400, HD4870 512mb,), under mavericks i've used my custom dsdt patched for my build, and there was no sleep/wake problems.

But when i installed yosemite (uni beast, clean install),
tweaked it with multibeast (user dsdt), it'd works:

lan ootb
ram and cpu speed recognized ok (it also uses different speeds, depending on load)
graphic card recognized ok
sound via patched kext
no problems with other things just wake up is getting on my nerves :D

Well system needs 20-30 seconds to sleep properly, and if i try to wake it up (keyboard, mouse, power button) system fans come up, but display stays in sleep, nor mouse or keyboard lights are on. I must restart computer

I've tried installing exotic patch for 4870, no difference, but if i change bios option from "repost video on s3 resume" no to yes, this time display turns on but there is black image.

i've also tried changing graphic enabler settings, ati frame buffer config, dark wake parameters, hibernation modes, and still no luck waking

I know its very old build but its still fighting :D

Any tip would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back