Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What??

you need the adapter (which is pciex1 and has 4 antennas) and the BCM94360CD card. Take out your old wifi card and put these in its place.

I am aware that I need an adapter but some other user said I could just replace the current card but I don't see how I can do that without using the pciex16 slot that I hope to use in the future for a graphics card.

Sorry for the confusion.

Wow!
Sorry, I could not imagine such crippled board ever existed. I have been building my own PCs since 1998, I have yet to see a board with less than 4 slots and I've build some cheap-ass **** for families with low needs/budget but this one takes the cake !

Wow!
Sorry, I could not imagine such crippled board ever existed. I have been building my own PCs since 1998, I have yet to see a board with less than 4 slots and I've build some cheap-ass **** for families with low needs/budget but this one takes the cake !

Lol! I know right? I hadn't give it much though because this hands off feature wasn't available when I purchased the board and though okay I'll just change the card to one that supports Bluetooth and wifi but apparently not all cards are compatible. Might just try the pciex1 extension but if not then I'll sacrifice getting a graphics card.

thanks though!

Wow!

Tears are rolling out of my eyes !!!!!

Can anyone confirm I have to have the PCI in the ex1 slot for both bluetooth and wifi?

I'm not convinced by this.... I have got bluetooth and wifi... the hardwares recognised the wifi almost works just self-asigns an ip address...

don't want to hack into my board to force it into a PCIex1 slot for no real reason .

PCIex1 can be used in a PCIex 1 4 or 8 slot to my knowledge ? anyone>?

Anyone please? It going to be a pain to try and squeeze this card into my PCIex1.... Will it only work properly there? I've got in a PC1ex4 and Bluetooth is good but wifi just self assigns an IP address or won't connect properly? Advice?

Anyone please? It going to be a pain to try and squeeze this card into my PCIex1.... Will it only work properly there? I've got in a PC1ex4 and Bluetooth is good but wifi just self assigns an IP address or won't connect properly? Advice?

I don't have the luxury of even being able to try a PCIex1 slot as my board only has x4 and x16. I can confirm mine is working about as good as yours in the x4 slot. Somedays it connects fine and stays connected, somedays it is a pain to get wifi connected at all. I suspect if I connect anything to Bluetooth my Wifi disconnects. I am not 100% sure it's not Yosemite that is the culprit as I run multiple versions on OS X and the others(10.6 - 10.9) all connect with no issue.

I bought my adapter off eBay and got a great deal so not too bothered. In fact when I bought it I just thought they meant you were buying a qty of 1 with the title "PCI Express X1 Adapter" and not referring to the actual card being PCIe1 compatible.

If I set Wifi to a secondary service, prioritising ethernet, and let wifi assign it's own ip address (i usually have the router assign them) it has stayed connected and has been able to connect when I have restarted. As stated, the whole kit is plugged into a PCIex4 slot.

Spang1974

Last edited:
I have the same mini ITX motherboard and I'm using the PCIe port for my video card. This machine was built to be compact and wasn't anticipating the need of other peripherals. Just ordered this http://www.ebay.com/itm/191029765954 and this http://www.ebay.com/itm/111514998192 . Hopefully it will work with my mini Pci port.

With an pciex1 extension cable? Let me know how it goes. I Think imp inch to order and try it for myself aswell. If it doesn't work I can always resell the card.

edit: failed to noticed that it is a different adapter.

Lol! I know right? I hadn't give it much though because this hands off feature wasn't available when I purchased the board and though okay I'll just change the card to one that supports Bluetooth and wifi but apparently not all cards are compatible. Might just try the pciex1 extension but if not then I'll sacrifice getting a graphics card.

thanks though!

A better board is like $150. Invest in the hack man and spend a little extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back