Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is! You will be able to get it from OSXwifi in the US but it's $99. Check how much is in total with delivery and check the ebay one I posted and see what comes cheaper. To me I got the latest os x one for £50 next day delivery for free. I was expecting an older model.

The one I got is exactly the one os x wifi sells. The one that comes in all of the latest macs including the just released imac and mac mini. It's the BCM94360CD with the 1070 bluetooth chip

I have one on the way from Osxwifi, should arrive Saturday.
I am running rock solid on Yosemite with Clover. I have iMessage working fine.
Is there any reason to think that installing the wifi/bt card from Osxwifi will stop iMessage from working?

Thanks!
Len

Well, I found a solution.

I have 2 usb2.0 header on my mobo but they were used for my front panel case USB ports. I tried both of them for the Bluetooth and for some reason they didn't work in the BIOS/clover. This morning I said what the hell, I have 2 empty USB3.0 header on the mobo and I bought a long time ago some USB3.0 to UBS-2.0 header converter cable like these:

http://www.moddiy.com/products/USB3...B2.0-9%2dPin-Male-Header-Converter-Cable.html

I plugged the Bluetooth usb on one of these and boom ! Magic Mouse and keyboard work in BIOS as well as in Clover.

I have no idea why my 2 usb2.0 header refuse to work for this purpose as when I need to use Unibeast I plug the usb key in the front panel and those ports work just fine, the usb key is visible in bios.

Last edited:
I have an h97n wifi motherboard. There is a PCIEx1 slot being used by a Bluetooth/wifi card that works in windows and ubuntu. I also have a PCIEx16 slot which I can use but plan to use a graphics card in. The board wouldn't allow me to connect this new adapter mentioned here natively using the pciex1 slot but can I use an extension cable to connect it to that pciex1 slot but under the pciex16 slot?

ive read the card is compatible with windows 8 but how about ubuntu?

I have an h97n wifi motherboard. There is a PCIEx1 slot being used by a Bluetooth/wifi card that works in windows and ubuntu. I also have a PCIEx16 slot which I can use but plan to use a graphics card in. The board wouldn't allow me to connect this new adapter mentioned here natively using the pciex1 slot but can I use an extension cable to connect it to that pciex1 slot but under the pciex16 slot?

ive read the card is compatible with windows 8 but how about ubuntu?

Why not just replace that wifi card with the new one that will work on every oses ?
The bootcamp drivers work on windows and I'm sure there are linux drivers for it as well. I've seen it mention in one of the post in another thread.

Why not just replace that wifi card with the new one that will work on every oses ?
The bootcamp drivers work on windows and I'm sure there are linux drivers for it as well. I've seen it mention in one of the post in another thread.

don't i need the 4 antennas? my current motherboard' s pciex1 slot only has support for two antennas. would i be able to just by the Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD??

I have one on the way from Osxwifi, should arrive Saturday.
I am running rock solid on Yosemite with Clover. I have iMessage working fine.
Is there any reason to think that installing the wifi/bt card from Osxwifi will stop iMessage from working?

Thanks!
Len

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!
Len

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!
Len

That should not change anything, I think Demonknight had imessage working before he installed the card. It's much more about how well your config.plist in clover is setup than a sudden change in hardware I think (we are just faking everything).. Cause I had to create all kinds of BS numbers to get the 'call support' and customer number back. I only had a generic error message after upgrading to Yosemite whereas before it worked on Maverick but it did stop working for no reason at some point, just figured to wait for Yosemite to come out before dealing with it. It was my own mistake because my config.plist was all wrong. It had nothing relevant in it so as soon as anything changed. I lost connection to imessage.

don't i need the 4 antennas? my current motherboard' s pciex1 slot only has support for two antennas. would i be able to just by the Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD??

What??

you need the adapter (which is pciex1 and has 4 antennas) and the BCM94360CD card. Take out your old wifi card and put these in its place.

What do you mean support for two antennas ? On the new card there are four ports on the backplate where you need to screw the four antennas, I don't see a way that a motherboard could only support two antennas ?1? A motherboard cannot dictate the number of antennas.

What do you mean support for two antennas ? On the new card there are four ports on the backplate where you need to screw the four antennas, I don't see a way that a motherboard could only support two antennas ?1? A motherboard cannot dictate the number of antennas.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Perhaps a picture can explain it better? I am ware of the adapter but want to see if there is a possibility to use this card without using my pciex16 slot. The only solution I could think of is using on extension cable fro the pciex1 slot to attach it to the adapter and then place it on the slot below the graphic card slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back