Contribute
Register

Yosemite for HP Envy Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ENVY 17 Touchsmart m7-j020dx (Clover Legacy)
CPU
i7-4700MQ / Haswell
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Need help :)

Thank you guys for everything! The guides have been so thorough and I'm grateful to be this far.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mavericks-windows-8-on-same-drive-without-erasing.133940/
(have been using the guide and referencing the thread)

Trying to duel boot Yosemite

Specs:
Running Windows 10 on an HP Envy TouchSmart
Processor : Intel i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram : 8GB
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4600

I am in a predicament here:
I have made it up to installing the OS X on my laptop with clover. Have managed to get the installer up and into disk utility where my next step would be to erase/partition my newly allocated space on my drive. I am getting an error message that there is not enough space on the drive. I have formatted (as NTFS) 100GB off the main drive to hold OS X. 99GB are available when looking at the drive while running Windows Disk Management. When I get into Disk Utility, trying to format my new space as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) I get a "Volume Erase Failed" message and "MediaKit reports not enough space on device."

The capacity in Disk Utility is listed as 104.86 GB (read only 99GB previously). Could that be the sign of another problem?

*I would also like to note that the only way I can get up to this point (Disk Utility) through clover is by starting windows and the restarting from the Recovery option as opposed to changing to boot option to USB
*Also when booting the installer through clover I have been changing my OS X version from 10.10.10 to 10.10.5 because that is the version I downloaded from my old MacBook.

Now instead of using the disk partition on my laptop hard drive could I instead use another USB to download and run OS X? Would that be easier to format as OS eXtended (journaled) ?

I am very new to this but I am loving every second of it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Will be back on around 9 US Eastern

Need help :)

Thank you guys for everything! The guides have been so thorough and I'm grateful to be this far.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mavericks-windows-8-on-same-drive-without-erasing.133940/
(have been using the guide and referencing the thread)

Trying to duel boot Yosemite

Specs:
Running Windows 10 on an HP Envy TouchSmart
Processor : Intel i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram : 8GB
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4600

I am in a predicament here:
I have made it up to installing the OS X on my laptop with clover. Have managed to get the installer up and into disk utility where my next step would be to erase/partition my newly allocated space on my drive. I am getting an error message that there is not enough space on the drive. I have formatted (as NTFS) 100GB off the main drive to hold OS X. 99GB are available when looking at the drive while running Windows Disk Management. When I get into Disk Utility, trying to format my new space as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) I get a "Volume Erase Failed" message and "MediaKit reports not enough space on device."

The capacity in Disk Utility is listed as 104.86 GB (read only 99GB previously). Could that be the sign of another problem?

*I would also like to note that the only way I can get up to this point (Disk Utility) through clover is by starting windows and the restarting from the Recovery option as opposed to changing to boot option to USB
*Also when booting the installer through clover I have been changing my OS X version from 10.10.10 to 10.10.5 because that is the version I downloaded from my old MacBook.

Now instead of using the disk partition on my laptop hard drive could I instead use another USB to download and run OS X? Would that be easier to format as OS eXtended (journaled) ?

I am very new to this but I am loving every second of it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Will be back on around 9 US Eastern

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Laptop.png

> Clover Legacy boot
> 1920 x 1080 display

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back