Contribute
Register

XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little problem. On my MB GA-Z97x-sli. I can not make corect kext. I have seme problem with SSDT+USBinject and only if I create Kext. SO I can not open more than 15 port. I open HS01-HS14 + SS01 but I have more 5 SSxx ports.
Here is with kext. I Can not understand why all port are show in right side on Ioreg but on USB3.0 work only one of the port.
please little help

Attachments

• Z97X-sliUSB.kext.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.49.50.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.49.50.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 97
I have a little problem. On my MB GA-Z97x-sli. I can not make corect kext. I have seme problem with SSDT+USBinject and only if I create Kext. SO I can not open more than 15 port. I open HS01-HS14 + SS01 but I have more 5 SSxx ports.
Here is with kext. I Can not understand why all port are show in right side on Ioreg but on USB3.0 work only one of the port.
please little help

You have to truncate the kext to 15 HS/SS ports to make it work without any port limit patch. Your kext actually still implements 19 ports. How to establish and truncate the kext without a port limit patch is once more explicitly detailed at the end of my guidelines.

It would be great if you could upload both fully implemented kext and truncated 15-port kext for the GA-Z97x-sli to be implemented in the XHC USB kext library.

Last edited:
You have to truncate the kext to 15 HS/SS ports to make it work without any port limit patch. How to establish and truncate the kext without a port limit patch is once more explicitly detailed at the end of my guidelines.
OK thanks I delete some of no needed and now All USB 3.0 work fine.
thank kgp,
But I sow in case MB X299 kext are make for 20 port. Is work without patch limit ?

OK thanks I delete some of no needed and now All USB 3.0 work fine.
thank kgp,
But I sow in case MB X299 kext are make for 20 port. Is work without patch limit ?

You know.. we need also the fully implemented kext to leave it up to the users which ports to drop.

Thus if you could provide the fully implemented and truncated 15-port kext would be gorgeous. Please also implement a port-layout.rtf in your kexts.

Thanks in advance, man!

So I write layout.rtf and Upload Finish kext to Gigabyte Z97x-SLI

Attachments

• Z97X-sliUSB.kext.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 77
So I write layout.rtf and Upload Finish kext to Gigabyte Z97x-SLI

Umm... there was quite some work left for me...

Note that the XHC USB kext Library should provide board-specific XHC USB Kexts for most general use. Thus, the fully implemented kext needs to consider ALL onboard USB connectors and USB headers. Even the truncated 15-port kext must be for most general use and should implement a HS/SS port truncation most likely applicable by anybody.

From the information you provided so far, I drew the following conclusions and derived the following results:

a.) Your mobo has 3x internal USB2.0 [(HS07, HS08), (HS11, HS12), (HS13, HS14)] headers and 1x internal USB3.0 [(HS01,SSP1),(HS02,SSP2) header].

b.) You have 2x external back-panel USB2.0 connectors (HS05, HS06)

c.) You have 4x external back-panel USB3.0 connectors [(HS03,SSP3), (HS04,SSP4), (HS09,SSP5), (HS10,SSP6)]

d.) Thus the fully implemented a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI.kext for most general use has 20 HS/SS ports with port count 15 (to be uploaded to the XHC USB kext Library).

e.) In the truncated 15-port a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port.kext for most general use, I dropped two internal USB2.0 connectors [(HS11, HS12), (HS13, HS14) and one external back-panel USB2.0 connector (HS05). Also this kext shall become part of the XHC USB kext Library.

f.) Additionally, I created an a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port-yours.kext for your personal use, which shall not be part of the XHC USB kext Library. This kext considers your originating 15-port HS/SS configuration.

Please revise all 3 files and tell me if the current HS/SSP port implementation is adequately implemented.

All three files contain a modified port-layout.rtf, which you have to verify in addition. Especially cross-check if the currently implemented USB connector and USB header denominations (e.g. "USB7/8", "USB11/12", "USB13/14") are in line with your mobo user manual. Yet, the proper denominations for the internal USB3.0 header (??xxxx??), the pair of external USB2.0 back panel connectors (??xxxx??) and the two pairs of external USB3.0 back panel connectors (??xxxx??), (??xxxx??) are totally missing in the rtf.

After a last entire revision, please upload final a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI.kext and a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port.kext for their final implementation into the XHC USB kext Library.

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI.kext.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 63
  • a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port.kext.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 71
  • a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port-yours.kext.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 62
you mention that USB port limit kext patch can cause buffer overruns, I assume this can cause instability with the connected USB device? like a soundcard, in my case?

Likely, although I never faced such issues.. however, it can also cause random wakes from system sleep in any case..

Umm... there was quite some work left for me...

Note that the XHC USB kext Library should provide board-specific XHC USB Kexts for most general use. Thus, the fully implemented kext needs to consider ALL onboard USB connectors and USB headers. Even the truncated 15-port kext must be for most general use and should implement a HS/SS port truncation most likely applicable by anybody.

From the information you provided so far, I drew the following conclusions and derived the following results:

a.) Your mobo has 3x internal USB2.0 [(HS07, HS08), (HS11, HS12), (HS13, HS14)] headers and 1x internal USB3.0 [(HS01,SSP1),(HS02,SSP2) header].

b.) You have 2x external back-panel USB2.0 connectors (HS05, HS06)

c.) You have 4x external back-panel USB3.0 connectors [(HS03,SSP3), (HS04,SSP4), (HS09,SSP5), (HS10,SSP6)]

d.) Thus the fully implemented a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI.kext for most general use has 20 HS/SS ports with port count 15 (to be uploaded to the XHC USB kext Library).

e.) In the truncated 15-port a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port.kext for most general use, I dropped two internal USB2.0 connectors [(HS11, HS12), (HS13, HS14) and one external back-panel USB2.0 connector (HS05). Also this kext shall become part of the XHC USB kext Library.

f.) Additionally, I created an a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port-yours.kext for your personal use, which shall not be part of the XHC USB kext Library. This kext considers your originating 15-port HS/SS configuration.

Please revise all 3 files and tell me if the current HS/SSP port implementation is adequately implemented.

All three files contain a modified port-layout.rtf, which you have to verify in addition. Especially cross-check if the currently implemented USB connector and USB header denominations (e.g. "USB7/8", "USB11/12", "USB13/14") are in line with your mobo user manual. Yet, the proper denominations for the internal USB3.0 header (??xxxx??), the pair of external USB2.0 back panel connectors (??xxxx??) and the two pairs of external USB3.0 back panel connectors (??xxxx??), (??xxxx??) are totally missing in the rtf.

After a last entire revision, please upload final a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI.kext and a1media-iMac15,1.-GAZ97XSLI-XHCI-15port.kext for their final implementation into the XHC USB kext Library.

Cheers,

KGP

were I should find this header ? I can not understand this.
on this photo can I find were is header ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 19.38.07.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 19.38.07.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back