Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for helping me, I tried with 10.11.5, USB3, SATA are working..
Another problem, I can boot with the EFI from the USB but not from the SSD, it always freeze at the Asus logo when it reboot.

Disable Fullscreen Logo in BIOS and check where exactly m/b freezes.

Thanks Il.F
I can't even enter in the bios, I have to clear the cmos to boot with the USB, the EFI from the Sata SSD froze the pre-bios...
I deleted the EFI from the SSD, and let the Usb in, it's a temporary solution....
I have 3X GTX 980 ti and 1X Quadro K5000 (probably will never work with EL Capitan), but only one is recognised with the patch, do you know how I can use them? It's only for Octane Render.
Geekbench
OSx: 31082
Win10: 35312

Last edited:
I need to rename all my GPUs (NPX) by GPX1, It just a little hard to understand how to!... ;)

Disable Fullscreen Logo in BIOS and check where exactly m/b freezes.
nevermind, I swapped the disk for a bigger SSD and It's ok now!

Everything is smooth and perfect, but I can not add second GPU, nor a third..

Did found the solution. Had to install GPU in Slot 3 for the first boot after update (with NV_disable=1) and after this had to reinstall GPU in Slot 5,6 or 7 to work normal with NV Webdrivers.
3X GTX 980 on slot 5 6 7 ???

3X GTX 980 on slot 5 6 7 ???
2 - yes, 3 - no (cos of DVI port and cooling system)
And i'm not sure that 2nd will be detected correctly.
If i remember correctly results of my tests, 2nd card was always detected as nvidia chip model.

Last edited:
Ok I have to find some PCI Riser 16X to test, I'm working on Octane render, that's why I need 3 gpus, I think they can stay Nvidia chip model as long Cuda driver recognised them (not sure about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back