Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had testing much. Starting with -x is causing the hang on "PCI confi..."
Normal boot is stopping in "NTFS Mode R/W" and thats it. I can not get past that point.
System was working Rock Stable... ist there a possibility to rollback the update to get my working 10.11.4?

There is no native 898 ALC patch that is working with that Board. Because of using npci boot arg Audio is only working with voodoo kext. I do not use any audio hack/kext. I have installed a Kona LHI which provides me native audio in OSX.

Last edited:
I posted my DSDT here and an SSDT to get graphics working with Nvidia cards, are you using them ? #285

Martin

No i just using FakeSMC with boot args Dart=0, npci=0x2000 and nvda_drv=1. Thats all. Turbomode etc. did never work, so i didnt use any DSDT/SSDT. It did work rockstable with 10.11.4. After Update i cannot reach Desktop.

I know i have to install other NV Webdriver for 10.11.5. But if the graphics should be the Problem... even with NV_disabled=1 it stops at the same step.

If you're booting with clover try booting with ASUS AICPM ticked and if that fails, use the FixRTC option ... That's all i can think of other than using my DSDT/SSDT-1 as mentioned in my previous post

There is going to be another ElCap release though so it might get fixed with that if you can wait that long ....

Martin

Did found the solution. Had to install GPU in Slot 3 for the first boot after update (with NV_disable=1) and after this had to reinstall GPU in Slot 5,6 or 7 to work normal with NV Webdrivers.

Did found the solution. Had to install GPU in Slot 3 for the first boot after update (with NV_disable=1) and after this had to reinstall GPU in Slot 5,6 or 7 to work normal with NV Webdrivers.
These motherboards are so unpredictable !! Well done for finding the issue ;)

Martin

Can you share your installing step by step ?
I have a set of hardwares but not work yet.

Hi, I`m also very interested in an "Install Guide". I have also a Z9PE-D8 WS and a Z9PA-D8 with 2 E5-2670, 128GB RAM and an Quadro FX 3800, or onboard and also a GTX 660 Ti. I have tried with UniBeast/Clover, but every time I want to boot - the Apple was shown for a few seconds and then without anything else the system reboots...

Check you settings in Bios. Which boot args do you use? Dont forget to install the Graphicscard in Slot 1,2 or 3 (for install)

Hi,
BIOS Settings should be ok - and I have nothing changed from UniBeast/Clover (can use this Stick with an H81-Board and it works) I have also tried to set that only 1 CPU is used with Boot arg and also in BIOS direct
Graphic Card is in Slot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back