Contribute
Register

X99 Sierra installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
[PCI Configuration Begin ]
is one of the boot errors relating to Graphics card. Anytime Graphics card is mentioned we should also include the Display Monitor connection. Sierra does not like VGA monitor. So if you have that connection, you may waste a lot time trying to fix problems. The often suggested troubleshoot for "[PCI configuration Begin]" is to add npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 to the Options>Boot Args:-

Posting the existing boot Args: to the forum will be helpful to make any other suggestions.
I hope the experts in the Forum will comment/ correct on any flaws in what I have posted so that the readers will have derive benefit.

Thank you for all the information! That is good stuff to know!

For my personal x99 system (X99A MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, i7 6950x, 980 Ti), I have tried: -v, -x, dart=0, cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -xcpm, slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, debug=0x100, nv_disable=1, rootless=0, debug=0x14e, PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096, maxmem=6144, usekernalcache=no, IGPEnabler=no, USBBusFix=Yes, and quite possibly a couple others that I am forgetting. Additionally the 980 Ti doesn't even have a vga connection to use. It has 3 displayport, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI-D (what I'm using) connection. All of those I have tried after searching nearly every forum I could find :(

Unfortunately, these boot flags would either result in [ PCI Configuration Begin ] hang (OP's currently problem), RTC Only Single Bank Ram, or Boot failed error. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back