Graphics
560TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Keep this simple//- i dont plan on doing video editing or gaming. This build will be used for VM testing (cisco, windows,) and my primary workstation @ work.

1. Sabertooth x79
2. i7-3930k
3. Corsair 64 gig ram
4. H80i
5. EVGA 640 GT
6. SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W
7. harddrives = mmmmmmm... honestly, i dont know here.. i am 100% going with SSDs, be it samsung pro's or vertex 4's but in regards to layout, im not sure... Can i Raid 2 SSD's as primary boot and have a single 2tb drive for storage and images? is ML ok with that?

is there anything in this build other than power features with x79 that i will run into problems with ? The PC will up just about 24 hrs a day, shutdowns maybe once a month.

thank you!

please explain, i thought the only problem was power related support not working. Thought the mobo was good otherwise?

Its not the mobo its the chipset, OSX has _no_ x79 support at all, none. From the info I have gathered on x79 there are Sleep/Turbo/Speedstep/APGM/Ethernet/Audio and USB3 issues. Also from what I can tell VT-x and VT-d do not work therefore you will have poor VM performance.

wow.. thats major. if thats the case then there goes my hackintosh project again. dang.

wow.. thats major. if thats the case then there goes my hackintosh project again. dang.

...Why not go 3770k/32GB of RAM? What did you need the 32 additional gigs for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back