Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I am having a severe issue with my setup. If i boot into my El Capitan Install i will get about 10% then it will just reboot itself. I thought maybe a thermal/voltage issue as i just upgraded to 980x from a 950 and now wether i am installing or if i stick in my Yosemite drive it will just reboot itself as if i hit the reset button, no led indication of problem my thermal monitor in bios reflects about 47c for mch but 22c on cpu, i do know that the x58 runs hot anyway so i am not thinking this is the culprit. I thought maybe power supply, which it is not, maybe my ssd drive I'm installing to, it is not that either as i stuck in a rotating disk with Yosemite and still just resets. i then pulled all ram and 1 by 1 stuck it back in in different configs and still the same. changed gpu's and still the same. Now i feel pretty stupid for this but i did not think of booting my windows as the drive was out of the build, so i did just that and was able to even overclock to 4.2ghz stable and ran games etc. just fine so i now think it might be clover maybe, so i then used my usb to load clover with no flags and boots just fine but still resets after a couple mins. no freeze no nothing works just fine then resets. I have tried Chameleon but i get panics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have searched but could not find a replicated issue so here i am.

When you created the USB installer did you select Legacy or UEFI mode booting?
For X58A you need Legacy Mode.

i did legacy because no efi on that board. It boots and starts to install then just resets itself but doesn't in windows. If i put in a working install of yosemite from another tower it boots into OS X i can do anything but then after about 10 mins just resets.

i did legacy because no efi on that board. It boots and starts to install then just resets itself but doesn't in windows. If i put in a working install of yosemite from another tower it boots into OS X i can do anything but then after about 10 mins just resets.

Are you using an edited DSDT? If no DSDT install NullCPUPM kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back