Status
Not open for further replies.
OK retested the X58A-UD3R with the following observations/results:

1. Format the USB Master Boot Record not GUID or boot0af error
2. Clover Legacy Boot Mode must be used
3. USB 2.0 port must be used- try different ones
4. Standard Legacy Boot Mode UniBeast ACPI fixes: FixHPET FixDTGP
5. Additional ACPI fixes: FixDarwin FixIPIC AddMCHC FixUSB

After these changes, it booted to OS X El Capitan USB installer! Thanks to everyone who's posted results here so far.

Here is the config.plist: :thumbup:

Hi

01 - I tried using the first guide the frozen boot in: B1F: Init5
02 - Using your changes described above formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled), frozen in the Boot: boot1: / boot 5

Any Idea?

Would love to see a step by step! Thanks!

Hi everybody,

I have 2 rigs with El Capitan which are working very well, but I have a little problem in one of them.
The base is a GA-EX58-UD5 with a X5650, 8 Gigs of ram and a lots of hdd, the problem is that I cannot have all the SATA's ports working at the same time, I see them all in the Bios but only 8 of them in El Capitan.
Do you have an idea?
Thanks for your help

I got it:

Download Clover Configurator on yosemite, then select the USB -> EFI -> CLOVER -> config.plist file
under ACPI, select these settings.

Running El Cap now almost perfectly with these settings.
I'm pretty new with Clover, so no doubt i'll have to reinstall it a couple of times more after i'm done playing around with some kexts and settings.

Board: EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 930
GPU: GTX670

thanks to audioguyjosh for the original settings

View attachment 153414
We have the same board and thanks to your settings and Tonymacx86 config.plist I successfully installed El Capitan on my (formerly Multibeast installed Yosemite) system drive. I reached step 5 of the "http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-supported-intel-based-pc.html#download_elcap" procedure (although I selected "Inject NVIDIA" when maybe it was not necessary).
However when - after all that - I rebooted to finally "Boot Mac OSX from El Capitan" my El Capitan system drive was nowhere to be seen when I reached the Clover boot screen. All I see there is my USB drive and therefore can only boot from USB.

I checked the "Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems 5. Install completes but can't boot from system drive", tried "Check that the BIOS is set to boot UEFI" but this setting is nowhere to be found in my BIOS, also tried "Remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive" but the system drive is still not showing...

Any idea how to make my El Capitan system drive appear again in the Clover boot screen ?
Any help greatly appreciated...

Use the procedure in the guide here to create your UniBeast installer. Use EFI mounter v.3 app from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10 to mount the EFI partition of the USB. Copy your DSDT to EFI->Clover->ACPI->patched folder. UnMount the USB EFI partition. You might as well copy the EFI mounter app to the USB - you will need it again.
Reboot to the USB and install OS X. At the desktop, mount the USB EFI partition, copy the EFI folder to desktop. Unmount the EFI partition and eject/remove the USB.
Run the Clover install app. Mount the HDD?SSD EFI partition. Copy the EFI on the desktop to the HDD/SSD EFI partition, replacing the one installed by Clover.
Install audio and networking and you are done.
Thanks for these instructions Going Bald, very useful, some are definitely missing from the main procedure's description. I will try them A.S.A.P. However would you have any idea why, after running the El Capitan installer from USB, then rebooting from USB, then running the Clover install app & CustoMac Essentials, then rebooting from USB, my El Capitan system drive is nowhere to be seen in the Clover boot screen ? (I can totally see it from the BIOS or as a slave drive if I start from another drive. I can also read and write on it when a slave drive)
Or even better not why but how can I get it to show again
in the Clover boot screen ?
Or maybe what makes a drive show or not in
the Clover boot screen ?

And in case that makes any difference, I noticed that my System folder in the freshly installed El Capitan system drive is invisible and "OS X Install Data" has been created. Is this normal ?

And in case that makes any difference, I noticed that my System folder in the freshly installed El Capitan system drive is invisible and "OS X Install Data" has been created. Is this normal ?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back