Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an EFI volume but no Kexts are in there other than realtekACL.kext. There are about 14 kexts in Library/Extensions including the network and FakeSMC ones. Should those be there or in the EFI volume?

It does not appear that the recovery partition is bootable, is that expected?

Thank you for any help.

the kext should be in the efi volume, it's much easier like that, so in a case that you want to update the OS ( or reinstall, you can boot from the HD rather than the USB key), there would be no need to patch/install anything. it's also the reason your partition isn't bootable, coz the kext are loaded within the OS. when you moved all the files.

do these in terminal

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

reboot

put this file in the patched folder, check your cpu if it speedsteps. and how much is the temp?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    20.6 KB · Views: 128
the kext should be in the efi volume, it's much easier like that, so in a case that you want to update the OS ( or reinstall, you can boot from the HD rather than the USB key), there would be no need to patch/install anything. it's also the reason your partition isn't bootable, coz the kext are loaded within the OS. when you moved all the files.

do these in terminal

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

reboot

put this file in the patched folder, check your cpu if it speedsteps. and how much is the temp?

Library/Extensions is where the kexts go in El Capitan. If you put them in the EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 or other folder, there is a chance a large kext might not load. I know the purist want to keep OS X "Vanilla" but it is really better they be part of the system files so they get in kernel cache and boot cache.

Doing a "touch" on SLE does not help if kexts are installed in L/E.

Thanks for the updated DSDT, I looked through and saw all the changes that you made to it (love the compare tool in Path Finder) and I see some of the effects already in the system information.

The CPU is stepping between x12 and x24, idling at ~50c where it always has before.

Sleep and shutdown both cause the system to just reboot, so I will have to dig through that when I have a chance. Don't really care about sleep but shutdown could cause problems at some point.

Can I kindly ask you to attach your USB config for Clover?
I have a P6X58D-Premium but to install OSX 10.11 I had to use chamaleon .
With Clover I had problem after scanning entries.
My system is up and running perfectly , but I would like to install one partition with CLOVER.
I did lots of attempts but no way..........

Thank a lot

I think it's pretty much the same as the guide here. First I made it with Unibeast 6, and then edited with Clover Configurator to match the settings in this thread. Booting from motherboard USB ports resulted in a waiting for root device error and the restricted symbol, but once I got it on a hub it worked fine. In Unibeast I selected El Capitan and Legacy mode. Didn't bother with any injections.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 247
I got it going on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev2.0 FE

Turned off USB 3 support and Virtualization support in BIOS - not sure if needed

Used this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Modified USB(and later boot drive) like this
- Copied DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FE.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- Ran Clover Configurator on the config.plist file and use these settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-os-x-el-capitan-x58a-ud3r-2.html#post1111697

Used a USB 2.0 slot on back of computer for USB booting. Some have noted this is important.
Failed many times until I wiped Hard Drive(Yosemite)
This page helped:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html

Other notes: El Capitan Disk Utility(my other machine) is embarassingly bad so I had to use an old mac to get the usb drive partitioned correctly.
Use Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg on this MB as it does not have EFI capability.

UPDATE: Edited config.plist with clover configurator and it hosed some of the settings resulting in a reboot loop. Restored backup of config.plist and all is well. Make a backup!

I was able to get to the clover screen and install to my drive. However, after the install I could not boot from the drive I had installed El Capitan on. It would bring up the loading screen for about 3-5 secs. and then restart. One thing, my main SSD is on a PCI card that allows 6gb sata3. I am thinking maybe trying it in the sata2 slot to see if I get a better result.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I can install EL CAPITAN with your plist file too, but my problem is still that clover doesn't see any OSX partition, neither my exisiting YOSEMITE nor the fresh installed EL CAPITAN, it just sees the INSTALLER and WINDOWS that is also on another drive in my system

I'm sorry, I didn't read all the EL CAPITAN troubleshooting advice, it was just a SATA port problem. Now I have EL CAPITAN up and running (using Chameleon) except for audio. Just a question to you all: is that normal that in the root folder I cannot see the "system" folder? where is it vanished???

EDIT: got audio with vodooHDA.kext 2.8.8

I have had success (somewhat) with El Capitan. I use the DX58SO2 along with a GTX 650 ti and 24 gb of Corsair memory. It is a bit tricky getting it to work though. I used the latest Unibeast with Clover. My board does use UEFI very well. In the EFI-->Clover-->
10.11 folder I placed the FakeSMC, AppleIntelE1000e (my network kext), andNullCPUPowerManagement kexts. I used the Clover Configurator to boot with -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1. On the ACPI section I made sure to check the proper fixes, checked the Drop OEM box along with Generate PStates and CStates, and the Halt Enabler. On the boot section I used the name "Yosemite" in the "Default Boot Volume" because that is what my SSD is named. I used the "PBR" in the "Legacy Section", the "bootx64.efi" in the "Default Loader" section, and checked "no" in the "XMPIDetection". In the Devices section I used "0x0" for all Fake IDs and checked "Inject", "FixOwnership", and "High Current" under the USB section. Under the Graphics section I made the "Dual Link" a "0" because it was making multiple screens at boot. I filled in the number of video ports and checked the "Inject EDID." Under the Kernel and Kext Patches section I checked "Apple RTC" and "Ass AICPUPM." Here is the critical part. Under the Rt Variables section you must put "0x28" in the box labeled "BooterConfig" and "0x3" under the box labeled "CsrActiveConfig." In the SMBIOS section make sure you use the magic wand to configure your system as close as possible. The rest is up to you until you get to the "Install Section." Click the drivers that you need then save and export the config.plist.

All worked for me and booted well. My USB 3.0 worked natively. The problem came with the OS under load. There are times when it freezes randomly and apps get stuck loading for long periods of time. Finally, I had to configure iMessage and FaceTime manually but it did work. I used the current NVRam 1.14 and iMessage Debug v2.0. Also, I was able to find quite a few kexts just for El Capitan and I loaded them. However, I think the problem may be the SIP built into El Capitan by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back