CPU
i7-5820K OC 4.3GHz
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Look at kernel and kext patches section of your config.plist and at mine - totally different - yours does not even have the kext to patch section.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I use your config.plist immediately with or without DSDT still no go. Multibeast 8, audio_clover, audio_realtk all failed.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I use your config.plist immediately with or without DSDT still no go. Multibeast 8, audio_clover, audio_realtk all failed.
Try re-install OS from scratch, install Clover to root instead of ESP. Replace Clover config.plist with mine.
Reboot, download and install Xcode or your favorite plist editor.
Remove the audio patches from my config.plist. Save&exit editor.
Now download and run the toleda script for ALC audio patch.

Motherboard
GA-X99-Designare EX
CPU
i7-5820K OC 4.3GHz
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Try re-install OS from scratch, install Clover to root instead of ESP. Replace Clover config.plist with mine.
Reboot, download and install Xcode or your favorite plist editor.
Remove the audio patches from my config.plist. Save&exit editor.
Now download and run the toleda script for ALC audio patch.

Hi @Going Bald , thank you for your advice but I think in a short time I may not have a chance to do that, just live with VoodooHDA till someday I have to face it.

Share two more thing about the background noise when anyone use VoodooHDA, following the last comment https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4ktrqz/voodoohda_sound_crackle_or_background_noise/
change the format from 48khz to 96khz and the noise will be gone even you adjust Input Gain to max.

If you did OC like me and found HWMonitor does not reflect the real frequency as system report, reinstall everything FakeSMC thing in Multibeast will solve it.

Now I am going to try bluetooth keyboard on clover :p

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
I7-930
Graphics
ATI HD5770
hi goingbald and others.

i can't get to the installer. i'm stuck in an infinite bootloop.

summary
> been on snow leopard for 6 or 7 years
> need to update
> stable 10.6.8
> able to create both Mt Lion unibeast install and El Capitan unibeast install flash drives
> installing Mt Lion = able to get past install screen but then get "Install Failed" (yellow caution triangle about 15 mins in)
> installing El Capitan = infiite boot loop (2 screens below, 90 mins apart)

please help me troubleshoot.

so many thank yous!!

~Eric

20171216_1236.jpg
20171216_1102.jpg

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
@ericvangs14

Please start your own thread for your problem.
List what version UniBeast, MultiBeast
Are you using Chameleon or Clover?
List steps taken to install -

Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac Pro
Everything seems to work pretty damn well on my setup now. In fact, power management seems far better than with Chameleon-- I'm now getting that 23X turbo bin on up to 2 cores, and my single-thread performance in Cinebench r11.5 and r15 and Geekbench 3 has jumped a solid 15-30%!

There are a few low-impact niggles remaining:

1. I cannot get Clover to appear on my screen at 2560 x 1440 (it looks more like 768p). The OS loads at full resolution, but no matter what edits I make I just don't seem to get said resolution at the bootloader-- despite getting it, or close to it, with the USB installer and identical edits!
Did you ever solve this?
This is an old topic for sure, but I am having a similar issue I can NOT solve with Clover boot menu (& icons) not having the correct resolution. Also the apple logo in stage 1 of booting is stretched until it passes on to stage 2 of boot wherein the resolution corrects itself to the correct size apple logo.

I have Mojave on this old legacy EX58 UD3R MB & still using Xeon 5650 @ 4.07 ghz. I did have the Clover boot menu resolution working correctly at some point around El Cap & through Sierra but my boot SSD died and I have not been able to re-establish it. Such a minor yet annoying detail. The correct Clover menu resolution looks so much better and of course I am not pleased by the stretched Apple Logo on boot up. Any solutions for you? What OS are you currently using...I think we have very similar rigs.

Motherboard
X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7/950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Batmobile
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Other
I have just decided to install Sierra on an SSD in my machine. This one machine now runs Sierra, Snow Leopard (I still love), Mountain Lion and Windows 7 on separate drives....with a couple of extra drives for storage. Everything works fine, though I'm having no luck with shutdown on the machine. My physical machine is almost 10 years old now.....and simply reliable.

Going Bald

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
I have just decided to install Sierra on an SSD in my machine. This one machine now runs Sierra, Snow Leopard (I still love), Mountain Lion and Windows 7 on separate drives....with a couple of extra drives for storage. Everything works fine, though I'm having no luck with shutdown on the machine. My physical machine is almost 10 years old now.....and simply reliable.
Do you have a properly edited DSDT?

Motherboard
X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7/950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Batmobile
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Other
Do you have a properly edited DSDT?
Thanks GB. No, to be honest, that's the one thing I haven't touched. Still using the same DSDT from my original build. I've never been game to play with my DSDT file - I'll download a new copy, backup my old and see how I go - I see there are some good guides on it, so I'll give it ago.
Thanks for your advice!
Eco