Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it did I don't know if maybe i need to fix permissions on it?

maybe you just need to clear kernel caches. kext in the efi folder doesn't need repairing.

try these in Terminal

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

also before doing, did you disabled SIP?

maybe you just need to clear kernel caches. kext in the efi folder doesn't need repairing.

try these in Terminal

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

also before doing, did you disabled SIP?

i don't think so, How do i do it?

i don't think so, How do i do it?

put these within the RtVariables of your config.plist

<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>

put these within the RtVariables of your config.plist

<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x03</string>
Thanks Will try and report back

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FE
Intel Xeon L5639 @ 3,6 GHz
12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
Zotac Geforce GT640 2GB

No DSDT

I've finally managed to get my system up and running with El Capitan and Clover. Everything works pretty well except for a few minor things.

1. When rebooting it always reboots at least twice (sometimes three times). It gets past the Clover boot screen, but when it reaches the black screen with the little progress bar in the bottom left corner it reboots again. Usually it boots fine the second time around, but sometimes it reboots once more before it is up and running fine.

2. HWMonitor can't see CPU temps. I guess this is because of missing FakeSMC.kext. I've added it to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder, but it doesn't seem to utilise it.

Any suggestions? I've added my config.plist. :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 146
If the Mac OS partition is root, then you have Clover installed in Legacy mode - if you also have Clover installed in the EFI partition, you need to make up your mind how you want to boot: Legacy or UEFI.

Try this experiment - copy the EFI partition EFI folder to your desktop and delete it from the EFI partition.
Boot up. Will it now boot OS X and legacy Windows?

You need to delete either the Clover in the root or the one in the EFI partition - you do not need both.

That was it. I removed the everything from my EFI partition except "boot" and I now have Clover booting in native resolution and Windows 10 bootable. No need to restart clover.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FE
Intel Xeon L5639 @ 3,6 GHz
12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
Zotac Geforce GT640 2GB

No DSDT

I've finally managed to get my system up and running with El Capitan and Clover. Everything works pretty well except for a few minor things.

1. When rebooting it always reboots at least twice (sometimes three times). It gets past the Clover boot screen, but when it reaches the black screen with the little progress bar in the bottom left corner it reboots again. Usually it boots fine the second time around, but sometimes it reboots once more before it is up and running fine.

2. HWMonitor can't see CPU temps. I guess this is because of missing FakeSMC.kext. I've added it to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder, but it doesn't seem to utilise it.

Any suggestions? I've added my config.plist. :)

try these

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    160.9 KB · Views: 186
My lan still does not work does anybody has the RTL8169/8110 on their system? if so can i have a working kext?

Neil, You have to remember - El Capitan installing Clover you boot the installer twice. First boot to Clover screen - select installer, language screen, install screen, format drive and click install button, progress screen shows 17 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Second Clover boot screen - select installer again and hit enter - get second install screen click on continue button, progress screen shown 24 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Third Clover screen you now see the installer, the OS X drive and the recovery drive. Select the OS X drive to boot to user set-up screens and desktop.

Going Bald I was using the direct install method where El Capitan is installing as an upgrade to the installed Yosemite. This works well on my other two legacy machines... but just won't start the second install run... as it reboots upon the panic that I copied in the post above. I have never seen this panic before and was looking for someone that had and had a solution.

I guess that I will have to resort to some other tricks. I have my UniBeast 6 built installer that I will try next.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back