Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a EVGA X58 SLI LE with Nvidia 280 I was able to boot the installer using the first config.plist in this thread with using the extra flags -x -v, but the system hangs without those. Even sleep seems to work within the installer. However, after the install if I try to boot with safe mode -x then the login screen will come up and the system reboots itself directly afterwards. I am unable to boot any other way or continue past at this point. Without using -x I get stuck at AppleTyMCEDriver: :start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages =1 Number of CPUs = 8 memory monitor through MCA.

Finally got mine working. I just needed to change the SMBIOS to use MacPro3,1. Still no sound and can only boot from USB (Fusion Drive, so I'm going to need to do some extra work there). Sleep works, which I never had sleep before for years of using this Hackintosh. Sound I've always had a issue with in the past and had to always use an older version of MultiBeast to get it to work.

Hey all X58 system owners, I need some ideas. I have hit this panic when trying to boot into the freshly installed El Capitan after the “Boot OS X Install from MacHD” . Clover starts to load from the target drive and hits this error every time and reboots.
err.jpg
Yosemite 10.10.5 boots great with Clover using the same kexts and config.plist. This is on my system: Motherboard is MSI X58M CPU is Xeon X5560 2.8GHz Memory 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 GPU 9600 GT System drive 160GB Maxtor HDD Note this is my Mac Pro hack that has several drives with various versions of OS X built with UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera. These other drives have been removed for this activity with Clover where the target drive is partitioned with two partitions and Yosemite with Clover is up and running. The project is to run the upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan. The first El Capitan install portion runs well and completes, and upon the restart where the system should boot from the install target, it hits this error. Note that I have run this same process on two of my other legacy systems and have not seen this problem. And I am using a form of the config.plist that Tony posted with the Nvidia set to be injected. Ideas? Good modding, neil
Neil, You have to remember - El Capitan installing Clover you boot the installer twice. First boot to Clover screen - select installer, language screen, install screen, format drive and click install button, progress screen shows 17 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Second Clover boot screen - select installer again and hit enter - get second install screen click on continue button, progress screen shown 24 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Third Clover screen you now see the installer, the OS X drive and the recovery drive. Select the OS X drive to boot to user set-up screens and desktop.

Hey guys I have an X58 Sabertooth motherboard and an Intel DX58SO2. I can tell you that the best way to have the system working is to put a patched DSDT.aml on the ACPI/Patched folder of the clover EFI partition. I was able to boot the system without having to apply any DSDT mask on clover. The only issue I have is that I haven't being able to get the network working. Maybe you guys have any pointer I can use.

Neil, You have to remember - El Capitan installing Clover you boot the installer twice. First boot to Clover screen - select installer, language screen, install screen, format drive and click install button, progress screen shows 17 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Second Clover boot screen - select installer again and hit enter - get second install screen click on continue button, progress screen shown 24 minutes to complete, reboots on completion. Third Clover screen you now see the installer, the OS X drive and the recovery drive. Select the OS X drive to boot to user set-up screens and desktop.

i don't know if it changes that much but when i tried to reinstall el capitan a few several times, it only needed to install once, and it also installed the recovery HD at the same time(i booted the usb el capitan without clover or chameleon installed in it, through clover installed in my EFI partition on the ssd. which all had my dsdt and ssdt config kext already in it ). everything runs natively at the first boot in the OS, i only had to fix the sound, and i could probably solved it by making a kext injection or some sort, just like what i did for my gtx 580's to run with proper power management at first boot.

Hey guys I have an X58 Sabertooth motherboard and an Intel DX58SO2. I can tell you that the best way to have the system working is to put a patched DSDT.aml on the ACPI/Patched folder of the clover EFI partition. I was able to boot the system without having to apply any DSDT mask on clover. The only issue I have is that I haven't being able to get the network working. Maybe you guys have any pointer I can use.

you needto put ur network kext in the kext folder.

you needto put ur network kext in the kext folder.

I think I already did. i have the kext at EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 i don't know if it is the right place?

this is my pc
P6x58d Premium
CPUEdit Value i7 extreme 3.33ghz
Graphics ati HD 6450

when stating up some times stays on a white screen im trying defent setup
any one with my same pc can send me the plist for can review it thanks

I think I already did. i have the kext at EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 i don't know if it is the right place?

did that kext worked prior to 10.11?

this is my pc
P6x58d Premium
CPUEdit Value i7 extreme 3.33ghz
Graphics ati HD 6450

when stating up some times stays on a white screen im trying defent setup
any one with my same pc can send me the plist for can review it thanks

Have you tried setting inject ati to true in config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back