Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ellybz (or anyone else that might have clues)

1 weird thing when using your latest EFI as a base is my GPU problem, it works flawless on my old 0.5.5 OC-version. But on your, i only get 30 Hz so cursor is quite slow. And the resolution stated below is also really weird. Here is picture from Systemreport. Left side is 055 and right side is your 059ndk. I got a 21:9 screen so the values on the left side is proper for my screen. Any clues here?

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 09.56.20.png

Also bluetooth works worse so i am going to compare those 2 in a sec.

Last edited:
@Ellybz (or anyone else that might have clues)

1 weird thing when using your latest EFI as a base is my GPU problem, it works flawless on my old 0.5.5 OC-version. But on your, i only get 30 Hz so cursor is quite slow. And the resolution stated below is also really weird. Here is picture from Systemreport. Left side is 055 and right side is your 059ndk. I got a 21:9 screen so the values on the left side is proper for my screen. Any clues here?

Also bluetooth works worse so i am going to compare those 2 in a sec.
Hmmm, weird...Are you using SwithResX or Display Maestro? Is your monitor resolution scaled in System Pref?
My report below is reporting correctly with this EFI. I have a similar monitor ( Connected via TB/usb-c) . BT also works and I use it extensively. Not sure if your issue is related to OC. I might be wrong but I believe OC is only a boot loader, after his job is complete, everything else is given to OSX.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 09.23.46.png

Last edited:
Hmmm, weird...Are you using SwithResX or Display Maestro? Is your monitor resolution scaled in System Pref?
My report below is reporting correctly with this EFI. I have a similar monitor ( Connected via TB/usb-c) . BT also works and I use it extensively. Not sure if your issue is related to OC. I might be wrong but I believe OC is only a boot loader, after his job is complete, everything else is given to OSX.

View attachment 470858

no switchres or display maestro.
What about your single ACPI patch you’re using, i think it might be the one causing my slow display. Could i adapt it for my mobo in some way, or is it totally useless when using Amd Navi GPU?

EDIT:

Got it working now by trying out khronokernels opencorebase (since he is running an asusboard) https://github.com/khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299/tree/master/OpenCore files

I don't have the time or energy to dig in and find the reason/difference atm, but will later on.

Now everything runs super smooth, and i also solved the whole thunderboltpain by just run my DisplayPort-cable through the Titan Ridge. So my monitor (activates my titan ridge) on boot, and then i can turn on/off my thunderbolt devices as i wish after that. Everything seem to work very well now, and i stripped down my SSDT's from 16 to 6, and no ACPI patches. Love this! The more native it gets, the better i like it =)

Thanks @Ellybz for your kind help.
Tell me if you ever go to northern europe, then we could have a nice jam with some vintage synthesizers! :crazy:

Last edited:
hi,
I have just successfuly using OpenCore on my Asrock X299E-ITX/AC and i9-7980XE but the only thing not working is the ethernet
it shows up, detected but no connection, I only can use WiFi.
and here is my EFI and the screenshot :
Thankyou

Fixed, everything works now :)
Hi, I have same motherboard, but I can't install macos by using your efi.
Could you tell me your bios version and your bios setting?
My motherboard is asrock x299e + 9960x + rx 590.
Thanks,

should be on the github @djlild7hina i dont have a link.

(on another note) im gonna be adapting it to the latest release and ill resend to you.

Do you mind send it to me as well? Haven't seen many OpenCore users with X299-Deluxe/Prime-A users lately, and I got my up and running pretty well on oc059, thanks to @Ellybz. But it would be interesting to compare EFI's to see if you've got things even more proper and optimized for a deluxe board, with less ACPI entries, etc.

EDIT: Here is my current EFI with OC059-NDK (haven't clean up the picker entries yet, but part from that it works super smooth):
I am going to flash my Titan Ridge soon, but for now I use kgp's HP-SSDT.

Attachments

• junoEFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hi!
I can boot on Catalina and I think its working fine. Sometimes mouse slow but I think maybe is from Bluetooth adapter. These are some screenshot from my booting sequence and there are some errors. I just wanted to know is there something wrong. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.58.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.58.49 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.58.06 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.58.06 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.57.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.57.36 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.55.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.55.27 AM.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.54.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 8.54.48 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
@djlild7hina Hey mate! Could you send me a screenshot of your Thunderbolt section @ IOReg? Would like to compare it against mine to investigate my tb issues, etc. :)

Only if possible of course!

Found out that my SSDT probably isn’t loading properly.

@djlild7hina Hey mate! Could you send me a screenshot of your Thunderbolt section @ IOReg? Would like to compare it against mine to investigate my tb issues, etc. :)

Only if possible of course!

Found out that my SSDT probably isn’t loading properly.

Sure! not sure if it helps but here you go. From your screenshot in Casey's thread it looks like it is loaded so not sure what's going on.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 11.58.46.png

@djlild7hina I appreciate the tip a couple weeks ago on the X299 support page- Open Core is working well and I'm having better luck in general!
Using Casey's guide I flashed the Titan Ridge, yet I haven't had success activating it or getting IOThunderboltPort@7 to show like the example. Did you work this out yet and if so is there something specific we need to change for our Sages in slot 2?
(For now I'm using Izo1's Thunderbolt SSDT with some modifications trying to activate. For whatever reason the one you gave me on Asus X299 thread didn't take when I tried).
Thank you again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58 MB · Views: 171
@djlild7hina I appreciate the tip a couple weeks ago on the X299 support page- Open Core is working well and I'm having better luck in general!
Using Casey's guide I flashed the Titan Ridge, yet I haven't had success activating it or getting IOThunderboltPort@7 to show like the example. Did you work this out yet and if so is there something specific we need to change for our Sages in slot 2?
(For now I'm using Izo1's Thunderbolt SSDT with some modifications trying to activate. For whatever reason the one you gave me on Asus X299 thread didn't take when I tried).
Thank you again!

Can you also provide a copy of your IOReg and screenshot of System Profile -> PCI and Thunderbolt?

If you’re jumping pins 3 and 5? Or connecting to header? When you flash it, shouldn’t be necessary to keep it in slot 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back