Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is on the second PCIe x4 starting from the top?
I tried this pcie but wasn't recognized the wifi, only bt. So I used the last pciex16, that is somewhat a bridge with Sata and USB ports.
Can you attach an IOReg screen?

EDIT:
I readapted KGP's SSDT-ARPT for X299-Prime slot PCIE16_3. If anyone needs it is attached on this post.
At the same time I found that I cannot set "Unlock this Mac with Watch" on my rMBP Early 2015 (running Catalina), so I could be a issue of watchOS 7. Definitely needs more investigation.

there is no need to use that ssdt, i have a Fenvi T919 as well, and since opencore the only SSDT’s i have is except the ”regular 3” , is TB3 for my flashed titan ridge. You could easily skip the SSDT-ARPT and instead just add it through device properties in your config.plist
Use hackintool to get right device id path etc.
I had like 12 SSDT’s adapted from KGP before moving to OC. But my hack has never been more stable. Except som BS bugs ofc :)

there is no need to use that ssdt, i have a Fenvi T919 as well, and since opencore the only SSDT’s i have is except the ”regular 3” , is TB3 for my flashed titan ridge. You could easily skip the SSDT-ARPT and instead just add it through device properties in your config.plist
Use hackintool to get right device id path etc.
I had like 12 SSDT’s adapted from KGP before moving to OC. But my hack has never been more stable. Except som BS bugs ofc :)

Is device properties injection via OpenCore more stable/reliable than using SSDT's ?
I still use my adapted SSDT's table from KGP since Mojave+Clover

Is device properties injection via OpenCore more stable/reliable than using SSDT's ?
I still use my adapted SSDT's table from KGP since Mojave+Clover
Well, since a lot of the devices properties is just cosmetic, except for my gpu powertable etc. I would probably run fine even without a lot of the device properties. I don’t need more than 4 ssdt’s, and with the latest knowledge about usbmap tweaking, i guess i can get it down to 3. my system runs better without them actually.

have you tried not injecting yours?

Well, since a lot of the devices properties is just cosmetic, except for my gpu powertable etc. I would probably run fine even without a lot of the device properties. I don’t need more than 4 ssdt’s, and with the latest knowledge about usbmap tweaking, i guess i can get it down to 3. my system runs better without them actually.

have you tried not injecting yours?

I’m curious, tomorrow I can try to boot with only the 3 essentials (i just finished the new usb kext injector) and test.

As for now I found some instabilities on boot: sometimes when it switches from verbose to apple logo, basically last part of the boot process, I get a graphical glitch.
I think is related to my 5700XT. I’m on MacPro7.1 smbios without whatevergreen and without an ssdt for this card.
I did not found any 5700xt example on repository, if anyone uses this card can please share what he’s using?

Cool! Please share new usbkext so i can have a look.

i am using a 5700 w flashed 5700XT vbios. MacPro7,1 with no whatevergreen and no ssdt. What is the glitch? Mine just turn black for a brief second, before login screen.

Guys,

I'm setting up my hack which is:
- Gigabyte x299 Designare Ex
- Intel i9 9980xe
- Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT
- Sabrent Rocket nvme ssd

When I am looking at the bios configuration, at the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, I have the choice between Native or Legacy not Enable/Disable. What would be the best choice?

Also, I have a Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT placed in a PCIEx4 port that I cannot handle to work. It seems I have to map my usb port. I was setting the XHCIPortLimit to true, add the USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIUnsupported.kext in my config list. I used UsbMap to detect and select the port to map. I generate the UsbMap.kext and :
1) Remove the XHCIPortlimit
2) Remove the UsbInjectAll.kext
3) Add the UsbMap.kext file
However, when I use hackintool or usbmap to check the port injection, I have 15 ports BUT not the port I wanted to inject...
Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong please?

Attachments

• IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Cool! Please share new usbkext so i can have a look.

i am using a 5700 w flashed 5700XT vbios. MacPro7,1 with no whatevergreen and no ssdt. What is the glitch? Mine just turn black for a brief second, before login screen.

I will share when fully tested.

After Beta 10 update Facetime calls (via my iPhone) are now working!
I’m still unable to set my watch to unlock this mac but I’m very happy

Hey guys, anyone knows why at every update it asks me to download the full package (around 11GB) and then it says that it cannot download it because the requested version is not available? It occurred every time, in the past I worked around by downloading the full stuff via gibmacos but it's pretty annoying to not being able tu just use the standard update method, is something related to open core?

Hey guys, anyone knows why at every update it asks me to download the full package (around 11GB) and then it says that it cannot download it because the requested version is not available? It occurred every time, in the past I worked around by downloading the full stuff via gibmacos but it's pretty annoying to not being able tu just use the standard update method, is something related to open core?

It's beta...

@pieropontra

Rest assured :), smooth updates for Big Sur works perfectly fine without downloading the full 11/12GB.
You need to make sure you have the following in your config.plist
- SecureBootModel = Disabled
- SIP: 67000000

Clean your NVRAM ( just in case ).

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.38.48 PM.png

PS: HEVC issues with RX580 have finally been resolved in the last BS update .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back