Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethernet is on en0, iMessage and AppStore are working fine.
I have not a webcam but I have a microphone connected on front panel.
There is nothing connected to usb atm.

Sorry Maybe my memory is cached :) En0/En1 should be ethernet if you have two Ethernet ports and Wifi En2 my mistake.

Last edited:
Hello Loloflatsix

I use Dortonia's guide (SSDT-RTC0-RANGE.aml).
SSDT-RTC0.aml is disable in the config.plist ;)
It even work with Catalina :eek: instead of X299-AWAC-REFRESH.aml
I don't know why ....

Thanks I didn't know that
I'll give a try
EDIT
Still the shutdown during the boot!!
I try to create the USB installer
and this stage seems to doesn't finish correctly
At "12 min remaining" it shutdowns and reboots

I'm reading the dortania's troubleshooting page .....
Any ideas ?

I try to create the USB installer
and this stage seems to doesn't finish correctly
At "12 min remaining" it shutdowns and reboots

I'm reading the dortania's troubleshooting page .....
Any ideas ?
Ok and when it reboots what do you see after selecting your usb installer, when booting to OC gui ?

Ok and when it reboots what do you see after selecting your usb installer, when booting to OC gui ?
I see the Mac OS installer partition on SSD
If I select this one, it starts booting and shutdowns and reboots
I want to precise that all the shutdowns are "soft" (spinning circle made with straight wires)

iu.jpg

EDIT
May be it has something to do with NVRAM .... I never succeeded to have NVRAM support with my Mobo ....

Last edited:
I see the Mac OS installer partition on SSD
If I select this one, it starts booting and shutdowns and reboots
I want to precise that all the shutdowns are "soft" (spinning circle made with straight wires)

View attachment 491126

EDIT
May be it has something to do with NVRAM .... I never succeeded to have NVRAM support with my Mobo ....

You have tried installing the latest public beta because there have also been reported problems by others for a fresh install : at 12 minutes it restarts as you experienced it.

You have tried installing the latest public beta because there have also been reported problems by others for a fresh install : at 12 minutes it restarts as you experienced it.
I used gibMacOS 2 days ago ....
There was only one option for macOS BigSur ... I suppose it is the last version isn't it ?

I used gibMacOS 2 days ago ....
There was only one option for macOS BigSur ... I suppose it is the last version isn't it ?
Yes I think : 11.0.20A5384c macOS Big Sur Beta.
I did not tried a clean install with it.

@izo1

How are you thanks for that pointer on bluetooth. I noticed more consistencies now that I have the correct SSDT for my BCM94360CD without it I had a lag on connection at boot now its immediate connections not sure if this helped or not.

Would you be willing to share you most current EFI this would be for OC 0.6.2? I have a SAGE II very close to the SAGE and yet some differences in the Ethernet possibly the audio chip as well but it shouldn't be. In your Ioreg do you have both an EC and EC0 and off ECO is AppleACPIEC and noting off EC? Is your AppleBusPowerController off IOResources?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't share the EFI because it's not stable in Big Sur yet (as in I don't feel right sharing a half baked EFI), but once the official release is out I will spend more time perfecting it and share here. :thumbup:

I just updated to OC 0.6.2 and enabled ExtendBTFeatureFlags. Airdrop seems to work now on both my iPhones, so is a step up.
But, facetime gives the same problem..

Have you tried?
For example can you answer from ti hack? In my case, answering will freeze the system and after a couple of seconds it reboots itself.

EDIT:
I cannot set my iWatch 5 to unlock this hack

@pieropontra I cannot read your PM since I have less than 75 active post. I can ask in with slot do you have this card? I'm using the last 16x slot. I noticed that IOReg is very strange.
My FENVI T919 card is in slot 5, it's the newest rev and has the BCM94360CD chip. Works flawless.

My FENVI T919 card is in slot 5, it's the newest rev and has the BCM94360CD chip. Works flawless.

So is on the second PCIe x4 starting from the top?
I tried this pcie but wasn't recognized the wifi, only bt. So I used the last pciex16, that is somewhat a bridge with Sata and USB ports.
Can you attach an IOReg screen?

EDIT:
I readapted KGP's SSDT-ARPT for X299-Prime slot PCIE16_3. If anyone needs it is attached on this post.
At the same time I found that I cannot set "Unlock this Mac with Watch" on my rMBP Early 2015 (running Catalina), so I could be a issue of watchOS 7. Definitely needs more investigation.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml
    395 bytes · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back