Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes or you can just disable the kext in the config.plist. Just set the kext to Enable = false. I don’t think you need WhateverGreen at all with MacPro7,1 but the Radeon VII might be picky.
Hey everyone, I finally got the 6900 card today and needed to find out where I put the "Enable = false" in this section of the config.plist file:

Current setup:
<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>WhateverGreen.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>

Do I input the information like this?

<string></string>
<key>Enable = false</key>
<true/>

Or is it supposed to be input like this?

<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

I'm thinking it should be setup like this. Please let me know what you can, thank you.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I finally got the 6900 card today and needed to find out where I put the "Enable = false" in this section of the config.plist file:

Current setup:
<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>

Do I input the information like this?

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enable = false</key>
<true/>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>

Or is it supposed to be input like this?

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>

Please let me know, thank you.

Second one

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>

Second one

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
Awesome! Thank you! I will do that and then shut everything down and disconnect the VII and attach the 6900 and see what happens. Thanks again!

Well, the Asus screen is popping up, but that's where it stays. Even when I hit the Delete or F2 key it still stays on that screen. The mobo is stuck on "Code: 92 Detect HDD." Now I've seen that code before and the drive still works and everything starts up when I had the VII card in, but not this time now that I have the 6900 card in there. Is there anything that I may be missing, or need to do? Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, the Asus screen is popping up, but that's where it stays. Even when I hit the Delete or F2 key it still stays on that screen. The mobo is stuck on "Code: 92 Detect HDD." Now I've seen that code before and the drive still works and everything starts up when I had the VII card in, but not this time now that I have the 6900 card in there. Is there anything that I may be missing, or need to do? Thank you.

Try clearing your CMOS

Try clearing your CMOS
Well, I tried it and it cleared my BIOS settings. Thank goodness I had my BIOS settings saved on a USB stick that I loaded up. But the same thing is happening. It's still showing "Code: 92 Detect HDD." Mmmmmmm. Don't know what to do here. That's funny, On my main system (that I'm currently using with the same Mobo), the little screen on the Mobo itself shows "CPU Temp 35C" and on the other system it's only ever shown "Code: 92 Detect HDD." But, it was still working with the VII card installed. I put in this new card and it won't go beyond the Asus start up screen. I don't know why that's happening. Any thoughts at all? Let me know what you can thank you.

Let's do this:
  • Before moving the card let's first look at the system boot log with the Thunderbolt SSDT enabled, as follows:
  • log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Hey there sorry for the delay, bootlog attached.

Try disabling the SL05 and replacing with PEGP

Didn't work unfortunately :(

It may be that I'm wrong, but some time ago I had tried to move the titan ridge with modified fw - the firmware of which I attached screen a few posts ago - in slots other than the second and thunderbolt did not work: if it works for you, in the system report the thunderbolt entry must not appear empty as on your screen but the characteristics of the titan ridge in use must be listed: regardless of whether you connect a thunderbolt device or not. Finally, in ioregistry explorer when the titan ridge is working correctly port 7 must be populated. I hope, however, that the friends of the forum will help you to solve: otherwise you have to move the video card and give up liquid cooling.

Well before it was always in SLOT 2 with no power mod and the previous firmware worked ok with Radeon VII. Once I got the 6900XT I needed to move the TB3 card and the system froze on every slot. I guess I can move down the 6900XT to another x16 slot and extend the tubes/refill the water loop.

With the DSM2 firmware TB3 shows up without an SSDT, with an SSDT it just doesn't show up. I don't have any TB3 devices to test right now.

I will see what I can do to keep it in SLOT 2. I personally don't use TB3 much, but it would be nice to bring it back for a "fully working" system.

Correct. The SAGE/10G manual states that you should install the Thunderbolt card in Slot 2. Then Enable it in the BIOS, enable force power, and you now have a completely normal PC00.RP05 address.

Can't you re-route the liquid cooling? I would recommend that. Putting a flashed TB3 card in any other slot on the SAGE/10G results in instability in my experience.

When you mean force power do you mean the power mod? I have done that already, I can always remove it and figure out a way to bring it back to SLOT2.

I can re-route the liquid stuff. I might have to talk to EKWB and get their thinner water block I kind of like having the GPU in SLOT1, just looks way better. Or I'll just put the GPU in a different x16 slot and reroute the tubes.

Hey Izo and 7Hina, would you know (or anybody else that's reading this), what might be causing the "Code: 92 Detect HDD" error? Let me know what you can, because my machine won't start using the new 6900 XT. Now when I put the VII card back in, everything starts and works. So I'm wondering what it is about the 6900 that might be triggering this and stopping it at the startup screen? Again, ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey there sorry for the delay, bootlog attached.
This confirms that the Thunderbolt SSDT is loaded properly. SSDT-DTPG is ignored because Method DTGP exists somewhere else. This is okay.

Well before it was always in SLOT 2 with no power mod and the previous firmware worked ok with Radeon VII. Once I got the 6900XT I needed to move the TB3 card and the system froze on every slot. I guess I can move down the 6900XT to another x16 slot and extend the tubes/refill the water loop.
I think this may be the only solution.

With the DSM2 firmware TB3 shows up without an SSDT, with an SSDT it just doesn't show up. I don't have any TB3 devices to test right now.
Yesterday I flashed NVM33 from Designare Z390 onto my GC-Titan Ridge v1.0 with excellent results in Big Sur. USB ports show up and they work, which is something that fails with DSM2 (NVM23) firmware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back